Reload this Page >

Moving to Celle Germany

Moving to Celle Germany

Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:58 am
Just Joined

malagogy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Celle Germany

Hi All..I am new here, non British but speak & write faily good english

My husband has been talking to one of his potential employer in Celle via a head hunter agent. If we were to move to Celle this will be our biggest move to Europe from Asia. I am more concern on our children change of life. My kids had experience living in China but never in western country. Both of us has been working with european companies and we have no problem in term of working & accepting its culture. I had experienced working with German company and having a German boss before. So I dont see any problem. We have 4 children with age 20, 16, 13 and 9 yrs old. All of them speaks & write in english. I ve spoken to all about our plan, they only showed concern on german language.

What kind of life is there Celle is offering? Since my husband will be consider as permanent staff and not an expatriate package, I presume the package will not include children schooling fees etc. My husband is still on pre negotiation on his pay & benefit.

I hope someone can share how life is in Celle, school and the community as a whole.

Dunken!
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:46 am
Just Joined

tinarhoermann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Celle Germany

Hi,

Celle is quite nice. I grew up there. Not sure about schooling though. Heide Primary in Fally is quite good as is Gloucester School (primary and secondary) in Hohne, but they are SCE and don't cater for civvy kids. Apparently there's an international school in Hanover, might be worthwhile to investigate this route. Anyway, send me a msg, I am happy to help!

Best wishes
Tina
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Do you live in a big city now? Celle is pretty small. Hannover seems to be close but it is not a huge city either. Will you be OK with living in a small city?
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:03 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=tinarhoermann;10653132]Hi,

thanks Tina! I have tonne of question for you
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Assanah
Do you live in a big city now? Celle is pretty small. Hannover seems to be close but it is not a huge city either. Will you be OK with living in a small city?
i grew up in a small city (in fact i consider as village in Asian term!)
I dont like big city life...we are now living in a suburb ..about 30-40min to the city..
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagogy
i grew up in a small city (in fact i consider as village in Asian term!)
I dont like big city life...we are now living in a suburb ..about 30-40min to the city..
Then Celle might just be right
Old Apr 12th 2013, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Assanah
Then Celle might just be right
my daily regime is brisk walking, cycling on weekend or hiking (sometimes), look at the information on the internet, seems that Celle is a suitable place to live for us
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

RRS803 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi looks like I will be moving to Celle soon and wondered if there is anyone on here that lives in Celle currently?
Old Jan 16th 2014, 9:43 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RRS803
Hi looks like I will be moving to Celle soon and wondered if there is anyone on here that lives in Celle currently?
You never stated from what country you originate , only that you have Asian roots.
But a big tip, find out how many of your countryman (expats) are living near,
where you are expecting to live.They will be a good source of information, plus
find out where your nearest embassy/consulate maybe situated.They will give
ground and good base info.

There are quite a few Asian shops now, even in the smaller towns, owned by a variety of Asians, another source of info and getting a Asian twist of life in Germany..
..chuk may man...yin-dee-ton rab,..ganbatte ne,,..
Zhu ni haoyun,..und nicht vergessen viel glueck.

For learning the language try the local ' Volkshochschule' German is sometimes
Offered free.If you have the finances then try family courses.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 2:58 am
Just Joined

RRS803 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fuchs01
You never stated from what country you originate , only that you have Asian roots.
But a big tip, find out how many of your countryman (expats) are living near,
where you are expecting to live.They will be a good source of information, plus
find out where your nearest embassy/consulate maybe situated.They will give
ground and good base info.

There are quite a few Asian shops now, even in the smaller towns, owned by a variety of Asians, another source of info and getting a Asian twist of life in Germany..
..chuk may man...yin-dee-ton rab,..ganbatte ne,,..
Zhu ni haoyun,..und nicht vergessen viel glueck.

For learning the language try the local ' Volkshochschule' German is sometimes
Offered free.If you have the finances then try family courses.
Think you have me mixed up with the OP as I have no Asian roots. I looked through the threads on Celle and rather than starting a new one I just asked my question on the back of this one. Thanks for replying anyway.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 12:00 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RRS803
Think you have me mixed up with the OP as I have no Asian roots. I looked through the threads on Celle and rather than starting a new one I just asked my question on the back of this one. Thanks for replying anyway.
Ooops.!! Or as they say in Deutsch...oooops. !!!