Larvae/moths

Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

hales is on a distinguished road
Default Larvae/moths

Help, my clothes seem to be under attack but I don't know from what. I have looked at Larvae and Moths sites but none of them fit the description. My clothes looks as if someone has used a dart to put little (short) white bits of cotton all over it. In a very few places it looks like chewing gum that you see squashed on the pavement. These 'blotches' appeared in our street. There is no general pattern and they don't appear to be alive. They seem to generate more during the night. Has anyone else had this problem if so, how did you get rid of it (them)?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Larvae/moths

There are commercial products that kill moths and their larvae. After killing them you can use lavender to prevent them from coming back.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Assanah but we don't have moths etc. As I said, these things are like bits of cotton. They don't move, there is nothing to squash. They (it) appears more on dark clothing.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 4:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

could they be some sort of fungus?
Old Mar 25th 2014, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply Mikelincs. I wondered if it could be a Fungus. If so, how does it travel and how do I get rid of it. It seems to have a liking for dark items like my dressing gown. I have taken some photographs but have not found a method of posting them onto this site.