Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Holiday trip to Berlin

Holiday trip to Berlin

Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Holiday trip to Berlin

Has anyone been on the "Original Berlin Walks" while visiting Berlin. They have come recommended by someone, but thought I would ask here as well. There are two we would like to take:

1. Infamous third reich sites tour

2. Sachsenhausen concentration camp memorial tour (is this worth it)?We have already been to auschwitz and dachau......
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

notathome is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in Berlin the year the wall came down, new years eve. It was most moving. Since then we have been back on business. Berlin is really worth seeing, take a trip on the canals, you get to see a lot of the town that way.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by notathome
We were in Berlin the year the wall came down, new years eve. It was most moving. Since then we have been back on business. Berlin is really worth seeing, take a trip on the canals, you get to see a lot of the town that way.
Thanks for the tip - we will certainly include it in our itinerary.....
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:45 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simosa
Berlin really is worth a visit - however I'd say don't get too excited about seeing the wall - it's much more like a 'standard wall' to what I was expecting.
What did you expect it to look like?
Some kind of Gaudi exhibit?
Old Oct 17th 2009, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
What did you expect it to look like?
Some kind of Gaudi exhibit?
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I've just come back from my visit to Berlin, but have to confess that, apart from a trip to Potsdam, I didn't do any sightseeing at all this time (family commitments). So I can't give any extra info on The Wall or WW2, sorry!
On the other hand I can warn you that there are an awful lot of restaurants and places in Berlin that don't accept Credit Cards and the ATMs only allowed me 100 € when I wanted to get cash.
I recommend getting Berlin Welcome Cards at the Airport as soon as you arrive, esp. if you intend to visit Potsdam. Look at www.berlin-welcomecard.com for more info.
Hope this helps with your plans!

Last edited by dmu; Nov 1st 2009 at 5:12 pm. Reason: deleted info which can be found on the website