Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Checking VIN and car history, mileage..

Checking VIN and car history, mileage..

Old Jul 11th 2022, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Checking VIN and car history, mileage..

Hi, wanted to know if there is a service in Germany whereby you put the VIN number of a car and it tells you its history. The car I would be interested in is an Audi if that makes any difference.
Old Jul 11th 2022, 8:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Checking VIN and car history, mileage..

Try just putting the VIN straight into Google - if records exist anywhere Google should find them for you even if you have to pay a fee to see the underlying details.
Old Jul 12th 2022, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

That doesn't work, I tried but nothing comes up. Are you sure that's and advice Clarkson would give?
Old Jul 12th 2022, 1:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond
That doesn't work, I tried but nothing comes up. ....
Hmm, sorry, it worked for me. I suspect that different privacy laws in Germany may have got in the way.
Are you sure that's and advice Clarkson would give?
Probably not, as his usual recommendation is "speed and power", but I don't think that helps you in your situation.
Old Jul 12th 2022, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

sternchen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Hi, wanted to know if there is a service in Germany whereby you put the VIN number of a car and it tells you its history. The car I would be interested in is an Audi if that makes any difference.
When I google "VIN Nummer prüfen", quite a few websites come up declaring to offer free VIN number look-up.
Old Jul 12th 2022, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have called Audi and apparently the owner of the car can send them an email with the car registration papers and a copy of his/her ID and they'll provide the car history, I'm not the owner yet but it's nice to know this is available.