Reload this Page >

British citizen joining German wife

British citizen joining German wife

Old Mar 21st 2024, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Drtaylor1231 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British citizen joining German wife

Hello

I am a British citizen looking to move to Germany on a long term basis to be with my German wife. I believe I should therefore be able to apply for a D-Visa.

However I am unsure about sequencing. As I currently work in the UK I don't intend to move to Germany until I have a job offer, but I fear I may not be able to receive a job offer until I have a visa and/or residence permit.

I understand that I can already apply for the D-Visa while still being in the UK, e.g. at the German Mission. However, I also note that in the form I need to provide an intended travel date. At this point I do not know my intended travel date, since that is linked to when I receive a job offer.

Would you have any suggestions on how best to proceed?
Old Mar 21st 2024, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizen joining German wife

You dont need any kind of visa. Anyone who told you so is clueless.
Get true information from source :
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...n/index_en.htm