Reload this Page >

Bochum? Herne? Jobs? Love?

Bochum? Herne? Jobs? Love?

Old Sep 18th 2009, 8:39 am
Just Joined

dkhazenirad is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Bochum? Herne? Jobs? Love?

Hi there,

I was recently travelling and met someone whilst travelling round the top of Scotland, now we are slowly beginning a relationship the question is whether or not I should now go to Germany to carry on with this, as we are getting quite close and flying either way, back and forth from the UK will do for the moment but, long term I may have to go the Bochum, Herne area? I don't speak an ounce of German, and although being a fluent english speaker I am wondering if I did, say fly over there what kind of work, bar the English Teacher role, could and native Brit do? Any advice would be helpful, PS I dont not have any formal commitments in the UK as I have just finished education.

Big thanks, D
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bochum? Herne? Jobs? Love?

Originally Posted by dkhazenirad
Hi there,

I was recently travelling and met someone whilst travelling round the top of Scotland, now we are slowly beginning a relationship the question is whether or not I should now go to Germany to carry on with this, as we are getting quite close and flying either way, back and forth from the UK will do for the moment but, long term I may have to go the Bochum, Herne area? I don't speak an ounce of German, and although being a fluent english speaker I am wondering if I did, say fly over there what kind of work, bar the English Teacher role, could and native Brit do? Any advice would be helpful, PS I dont not have any formal commitments in the UK as I have just finished education.

Big thanks, D
Hi, after reading your profile, I don't think you'd be happy living in Bochum, in the industrial Ruhr region...
And having read parts of your other posts, I'm wondering whether you're serious about this one?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:51 am
Just Joined

As previously mentioned, yeah I have been looking for somewhere else to live for a while, obviously I never thought of going to Germany, but the question is what is it like to live there? Is there many jobs or like you said it is all industry?

Cheers

D
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:06 am
Just Joined

My profile doesn't say I lived in Teesside for 5 years either but I survived. If you can survive in that factory then anywhere cannot be worse. I still remember the flames burning the sky day and night. On another note my other threads are myself just fishing, as I have middle eastern passports.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 12:21 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dkhazenirad
My profile doesn't say I lived in Teesside for 5 years either but I survived. If you can survive in that factory then anywhere cannot be worse. I still remember the flames burning the sky day and night. On another note my other threads are myself just fishing, as I have middle eastern passports.
I was just going by the Creative Arts, Museums.. that you mention. There must be museums and cultural activities in Bochum, but I imagine any jobs that are going in that sector will be taken by Germans (who speak English).
You could research job possibilities on a specific Germany expat forum, beginning with Toy....
Maybe some one on the BE Germany forum can advise you better, as I don't actually live in Germany. But my daughter does and I do know that Germany is still in a Recession, like the rest of Europe, and is no more a job-seekers' paradise than France, for example, is at present.
As they say in French, "It is urgent to wait"

Last edited by dmu; Sep 18th 2009 at 12:25 pm.