Reload this Page >

Yet another Ameli health question...Grrrrr

Yet another Ameli health question...Grrrrr

Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:14 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yet another Ameli health question...Grrrrr

I am on my husbands CV and we both had a RDV last week with our MT for repeat prescriptions. However when it came to the rebate, my husband got his full 70% back on his assurance, whilst I only got 30% back! We checked our Ameli account, attestation de Doit etc and both clearly show our MT being the same as it always is. I questioned this with Ameli and they replied stating that I needed to submit a new declaration to state my MT. I also had to ask my MT for a fueille de soins to claim the remaining amount. I did see a different medecin late last year (just once) whilst my MT was on holiday, but have since seen her again (my MT) and been fully rebated as normal. How come NOW this has changed without doing anything? The ridiculous thing was, I also spoke to the CPAM english line who came back to me and said that we had changed our MT back in 2011, hence the problem We have also waited 6 weeks for a new EHIC card. The Ameli site stated that it was "in progress" However yesterday it allowed me to resubmit for the card and it is now saying "in progress" again. The CPAM line said there has been considerable problems with delays on these EHIC cards (2 months apparantely). How ridiculous when you can only pre request them no more than 15 days in advance anyway, and have to request them more times than I have hot dinners due to the fact they seem to expire after a few months?? Anyone else had either of these queries with their accounts, and what the hell is going on with these people? I think we submit more than enough unnecessary paperwork in France without unnecessary glitches. I have also come to the conclusion that the english speaking line is a total waste of time, and think from now on I will muddle through by email or incredibly poor french on the phone and just hope they understand! One final thought. I nearly hit the roof when they told us to go to our local office and pick up a temporary form until the EHIC card arrives!!!!!!!
I spoke to a friend yesterday who said she has never had to update her attestation de doit on line? Shortly after we first moved to France we were told that ours had expired, ironically during a hospital stay, and needed updating on line. Does anyone else do this as it appears this may not be necessary? We always update our CV at the pharmacy (Mise a Jour) but wasn't totally sure about this attestation de doit. It also seems most do not have an Ameli account, or indeed check their rebates from their assurance. Interesting!

Last edited by jvc; Jan 14th 2015 at 5:21 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:32 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another Ameli health question...Grrrrr

Originally Posted by jvc
I am on my husbands CV and we both had a RDV last week with our MT for repeat prescriptions. However when it came to the rebate, my husband got his full 70% back on his assurance, whilst I only got 30% back! We checked our Ameli account, attestation de Doit etc and both clearly show our MT being the same as it always is. I questioned this with Ameli and they replied stating that I needed to submit a new declaration to state my MT. I also had to ask my MT for a fueille de soins to claim the remaining amount. I did see a different medecin late last year (just once) whilst my MT was on holiday, but have since seen her again (my MT) and been fully rebated as normal. How come NOW this has changed without doing anything? The ridiculous thing was, I also spoke to the CPAM english line who came back to me and said that we had changed our MT back in 2011, hence the problem We have also waited 6 weeks for a new EHIC card. The Ameli site stated that it was "in progress" However yesterday it allowed me to resubmit for the card and it is now saying "in progress" again. The CPAM line said there has been considerable problems with delays on these EHIC cards (2 months apparantely). How ridiculous when you can only pre request them no more than 15 days in advance anyway, and have to request them more times than I have hot dinners due to the fact they seem to expire after a few months?? Anyone else had either of these queries with their accounts, and what the hell is going on with these people? I think we submit more than enough unnecessary paperwork in France without unnecessary glitches. I have also come to the conclusion that the english speaking line is a total waste of time, and think from now on I will muddle through by email or incredibly poor french on the phone and just hope they understand! One final thought. I nearly hit the roof when they told us to go to our local office and pick up a temporary form until the EHIC card arrives!!!!!!!
I spoke to a friend yesterday who said she has never had to update her attestation de doit on line? Shortly after we first moved to France we were told that ours had expired, ironically during a hospital stay, and needed updating on line. Does anyone else do this as it appears this may not be necessary? We always update our CV at the pharmacy (Mise a Jour) but wasn't totally sure about this attestation de doit. It also seems most do not have an Ameli account, or indeed check their rebates from their assurance. Interesting!
When the CV is handed over to the doctor one of the options they have is to set the MT status without any paperwork it could be when you are seeing the other doctor they are doing this or it could be you are just seeing a different doctor too often.

When we moved across France they cancelled my CV and it took a year to get it reinstated as an English person we used to find it very easy and quick to deal with them but I think policy changes further up the chain have had an impact expats. IMHO

Last edited by Chatter Static; Jan 14th 2015 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:33 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yet another Ameli health question...Grrrrr

Hmmm, probably not the latter, as I have only seen a different medecin once. I have asked the MT to check her side of things. Thanks