Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Window cleaning

Window cleaning

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:03 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Window cleaning

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Of course you don't have to be an AE, but you need plenty of confidence to go for one of the more complex tax régimes.

From what's been said I think the OP needs to find a big expat community. I just cannot see any of my elderly French neighbours using a window cleaner. Keeping their house trim is the habit of a lifetime, old ladies still do that even when they can barely walk, it seems to be a point of pride with them.

Erm, if you don't close the shutters when you are away, would not the fact that people can see there are never any lights on in the house be an equally clear sign that there's no-one at home? At night with shutters closed you can't see if the lights are on or not. But surely the point about shutters is they deter opportunist burglars. Serious burglars will stake the place, watch your comings and goings and know you're away, shutters will make it harder but if they are determined they will get in.
Light timers and the new roller shutters have a closed position that allows light through and the shutter roll up space is on the inside and partially in the wall so none of the window space is lost like the older ones.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Kat3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by w1nd0w
Hi there,

Take it from me and go for it. I have been living here for 7 years I am running a very successful window cleaning business. If you can get your hourly rate right then you will be ok. All my customers are English and with an ageing UK population and professionals who do not have time, I find there is plenty of work. If you google window cleaner, dordogne and you will see that there are very few window cleaners. If you contact me I would be more that happy to give you some pointers.

Tony Sinclair Charente/Dordogne
I rad your post the other day, my husband has been thinking of starting up a window cleaning business, would you be able to give him an idea of what it entails, what he would have to register as ect
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kat3
I rad your post the other day, my husband has been thinking of starting up a window cleaning business, would you be able to give him an idea of what it entails, what he would have to register as ect
There's plenty of information on this thread about setting yourself up as a business. Perhaps Tony can advise on how he marketed his business, etc but a lot will depend on the area you are planning to or already live in.

Last edited by Garonne; Jun 20th 2013 at 7:52 am.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

52 David is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyW
Hi all so glad i found this forum! Me and my husband have a busy successful window cleaning business here in the uk, we are planning the big move to france very soon, will our business do well over there.
X
Hi there,i have been running a succesfull window cleaning business in France for just over 3 years now.

Have you made the move yet ?.

The business is easy to setup using a status known as auto entrepeneur, the tax rate at the moment is around 28% of your overall takings and payable every 3 months, you can earn upto 30,000 euros before having to change status.

I must ask, how is your French, do you use wfp is your business purely residential?.

I look forwards to your reply;

I nearly forgot.

Will it work ? You only get out what you put in, i have made a few mistakes along the way but now i am managing to pull a nice wage.(Better than the average uk window round).

52 David.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 52 David
Hi there,i have been running a succesfull window cleaning business in France for just over 3 years now.

Have you made the move yet ?.

The business is easy to setup using a status known as auto entrepeneur, the tax rate at the moment is around 28% of your overall takings and payable every 3 months, you can earn upto 30,000 euros before having to change status.

I must ask, how is your French, do you use wfp is your business purely residential?.

I look forwards to your reply;

I nearly forgot.

Will it work ? You only get out what you put in, i have made a few mistakes along the way but now i am managing to pull a nice wage.(Better than the average uk window round).

52 David.
David, I am pretty sure I read in Connexions that the ceiling for earnings on AE is to be reduced by 40 percent to 19,600.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
David, I am pretty sure I read in Connexions that the ceiling for earnings on AE is to be reduced by 40 percent to 19,600.
To be finally decided on in January 2014, expected to take effect as of 1/1/2015. Possibly for artisans only, less likely for nobody at all, less likely still for everybody.

Unless they move the goalposts yet again...
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:48 am
Just Joined

shimmerglasscleaning is an unknown quantity at this point

With the most professional window cleaning Sydney, you can be assured to get the best when it comes to window cleaning, with the most expert of professionals using the most sophisticated equipment to deliver to you satisfying results.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 11:18 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shimmerglasscleaning
With the most professional window cleaning Sydney, you can be assured to get the best when it comes to window cleaning, with the most expert of professionals using the most sophisticated equipment to deliver to you satisfying results.
What distances do you travel as we are looking for a window cleaner as im too lazy to bother doing it and can you be trusted not to break the windows as you didnt look at the forum section heading when you posted?

Last edited by Chatter Static; Sep 30th 2013 at 11:20 am.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
What distances do you travel as we are looking for a window cleaner as im too lazy to bother doing it and can you be trusted not to break the windows as you didnt look at the forum section heading when you posted?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

I'm certainly surprised a window cleaning business can be successful. All the windows open inwards, easy to clean.

just read back through this thread and see it's been mentioned... doh!

didn't know about shutting the shutters though :-(

Last edited by loy loy; Oct 2nd 2013 at 2:23 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2014, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

w1nd0w is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AmyW
Hi all so glad i found this forum! Me and my husband have a busy successful window cleaning business here in the uk, we are planning the big move to france very soon, will our business do well over there.
X
You will have no problem starting a window cleaning business. I have been operating a window cleaning business in the Charente Dordogne borders and make a good living.I have over 100 clients on my books. It did take me three years to build up the business. Be prepared to run at a loss for the first year. I am registered with a siret number. Don't be put of my negative comments. Just because the windows open inwards doesn't mean that people clean their own windows. Window cleaners are very popular with the English community.
Be prepared to work at it. Word of mouth is a blessing. (SNIP)

Wishing you all the best.

Tony your window cleaner man

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jan 29th 2014 at 5:40 pm. Reason: Suggestion removed
Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

@w1nd0w
Apologies if I come across as being a sceptic, but I see this as being a cheap promotional posting - your second on this forum, the last being over 6 months ago.
Readers, Google at your peril........
Old Jan 29th 2014, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

w1nd0w is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you say a cheap promotional posting...That's not fair. I was merely giving advice to someone looking for help setting up a window cleaning business. See the 1st thread

Yes I made a post 6 months ago but got no reply. So I tried again....Mosts posts were quite negative towards setting up as a window cleaner. I just wanted to make the point that it is possible..
Old Jan 29th 2014, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Well you say a cheap promotional posting...That's not fair. I was merely giving advice to someone looking for help setting up a window cleaning business. See the 1st thread

Yes I made a post 6 months ago but got no reply. So I tried again....Mosts posts were quite negative towards setting up as a window cleaner. I just wanted to make the point that it is possible..
Touché! I'll just accept I'm a cheap skeptic.

Oh, and welcome back to the forum.
Old Jan 30th 2014, 5:14 pm
Quien no sabe

Your doing better than the Brisbane window clean that was trying to drum up business in this section, but to be fair business related posts tend to need a fair bit scepticism as forums can be worse than a empty houses mail box if left unchecked. Don't take it personally every post of that similar nature gets treated in the same way this place would be of no use to anyone if spam was left unchecked trust me [A]dmin and the mods work quite hard removing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.