Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

why is it always the little things .......

why is it always the little things .......

Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default why is it always the little things .......

as some of you know, we had to have our old black labrador put to sleep the other day. I have been so sad ever since but thought I was over it - until last night Our son came home with a bunch of flowers and a Cadbury Flake for me I was a blubbering wreck and he couldn't understand what he'd done wrong, bless him. The fact he'd gone out and searched for something I like to try and make me feel better was just too much. It's always those little things that get you isn't it
ps: my OH has been told to take notes from his son
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:48 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: why is it always the little things .......

Originally Posted by val50
as some of you know, we had to have our old black labrador put to sleep the other day. I have been so sad ever since but thought I was over it - until last night Our son came home with a bunch of flowers and a Cadbury Flake for me I was a blubbering wreck and he couldn't understand what he'd done wrong, bless him. The fact he'd gone out and searched for something I like to try and make me feel better was just too much. It's always those little things that get you isn't it
ps: my OH has been told to take notes from his son

Ooooh I haven't had a Flake in ages........
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Val, sweetie, SO sorry, I really do know how you feel - I had had Labs for over 12 years, we bred them, and had litters of pups, dogs were, aside from the teaching, my whole life. I hate to admit it but I cried more over the death of one of my dogs than my grandfather.

We're all here for you, I'll try to continue to keep you occupied by creating utter havoc in here and when we all get together for that BE reunion, you and I can bring the house down with our Patsy and Eddie routine!!

Big hugs
Andy
xx
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Mauricette has a brilliant futureMauricette has a brilliant futureMauricette has a brilliant futureMauricette has a brilliant futureMauricette has a brilliant futureMauricette has a brilliant future

Oh Val, I am so sorry. I know how you feel as our Golden Retriever died a couple of weeks ago - and we all miss her, including our black Lab.

Try and remember the happy times with him/her. All of us who have dogs are thinking of you. Don't worry about crying. It's allowed and it helps.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:54 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Val, how lovely of your son - so thoughtful, and worth a hundred Gucci handbags as he had actually thought about it - no wonder you want the OH to get some lessons - I still have a set of earrings from my first husband stored somewhere in their original case he got his mother to get for our first anniversary - all for pierced ears, and I am not pierced (and neither are me ears)!!! But then he had only known me 5 years .... Would have preferred a power sander anyway, but I suppose he tried .......

I think "it's a man thing" this getting-it-right-with-presents stuff, just like they say about us women that have to turn maps upside down - that is "a woman thing" apparently. My OH , ex cartographer extraordinaire, says it is a left brain/right brain thing, and I just think it is easier to admit to being stupid and let someone else get us lost, then yell at em.