Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

What do you guys think of living in France

What do you guys think of living in France

Old Apr 29th 2013, 11:08 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you guys think of living in France

Originally Posted by laertes953
Hi Peabrain !
your location is 42. Does it mean you live in Loire ?
He does...
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:08 pm
montjoie St denis

laertes953 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
He does...
I thank him for his gracious answer............. I am his neighbour !!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:55 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

I just went by This Post if you click on a username you can see their posting history and some other guff.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 4:31 pm
montjoie St denis

laertes953 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
I just went by This Post if you click on a username you can see their posting history and some other guff.
I live near Chazelles sur Lyon.. in the "Monts du Lyonnais"........
You ?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 5:16 pm
Quien no sabe

I live near Chazelles sur Lyon.. in the "Monts du Lyonnais"........
You ?
Pays de la Loire, before that Midi Pyrenees and Boulder, Seattle, Malaga, Paderborn I'm prone to getting about
Old Apr 30th 2013, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Whoops, sorry m'lud, it must have slipped my mind. To quote your namesake, and remain in the slightly Shakespearean tone: Exchange forgiveness with me, noble Hamlet.
I have a weekend retreat between Violay and Feurs, the back of beyond, in ze quarante-deux which is a nice département, including such well known romantic places as St Étienne, that used to have a half decent football team which is, apparently undergoing something of a rebirth. The locals have an accent, which once pointed out is unmistakable, in their pronunciation of words such as "fleuve" or "des jeunes". They tend to lengthen and deepen the vowel sound, so "jeune" sounds much more like "jeûne" ; some find it unpleasant.

PB
Old May 3rd 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

jonkemp is on a distinguished road

Chatter Static: I have two of your list. Paderborn & Pays de la Loire. An interesting mix. Were you in the Forces by any chance?
Old May 3rd 2013, 7:05 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by jonkemp
Chatter Static: I have two of your list. Paderborn & Pays de la Loire. An interesting mix. Were you in the Forces by any chance?
I was, Royal Armoured Corps born again tank eee
Old May 3rd 2013, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

jonkemp is on a distinguished road

I lived in Sennelager in the 70s, My father was in the REME attached to the RCT
Old May 4th 2013, 8:52 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by jonkemp
I lived in Sennelager in the 70s, My father was in the REME attached to the RCT
Most of the barracks around there have now been decommissioned fences down open to the public waiting to be torn down. British BAOR postings are being mothball'ed slowly. Major re org combining fewer Armoured divisions with Infantry to create reactive forces that are deployable at higher speed.