Reload this Page >

What to do with a 12 year old in Bergerac for the summer

What to do with a 12 year old in Bergerac for the summer

Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:39 am
Miles away from home

Awineor2 is on a distinguished road
Default What to do with a 12 year old in Bergerac for the summer

Hi

I am really hoping that someone out there can help me. We have bought a beautiful house South of Bergerac and plan to spend the summer there, with my 4 year old and 12 year old son. Neither of my boys yet speak French and the oldest one is going to miss his friends and activities so much. He is into swimming, basketball and football. Does anyone know of any summer school activities where he could get to know other boys of his own age??? Preferably English speaking children.
My husband will be with us for 5 weeks but then I have to entertain the two children on my own and know that life will be much easier for all of us if we can get to know people whilst we are there. If you do know of any clubs or facilities I would really appreciate you sharing the information with me. We arrive next week. Hope that the weather is improving, if not I can bring some of our heat from the Middle East as it is far too hot over here at the moment. Kind Regards
Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do with a 12 year old in Bergerac for the summer

Originally Posted by Awineor2
Hi

I am really hoping that someone out there can help me. We have bought a beautiful house South of Bergerac and plan to spend the summer there, with my 4 year old and 12 year old son. Neither of my boys yet speak French and the oldest one is going to miss his friends and activities so much. He is into swimming, basketball and football. Does anyone know of any summer school activities where he could get to know other boys of his own age??? Preferably English speaking children.
My husband will be with us for 5 weeks but then I have to entertain the two children on my own and know that life will be much easier for all of us if we can get to know people whilst we are there. If you do know of any clubs or facilities I would really appreciate you sharing the information with me. We arrive next week. Hope that the weather is improving, if not I can bring some of our heat from the Middle East as it is far too hot over here at the moment. Kind Regards
Where we live, each commune organise activities for different age groups over the summer. Details are posted at the local mairies. They are for french children though, although yours would be welcome, and it would be a great way for them to start learning the language. Otherwise, your local tourist office might be able to help you with info on things like horse riding, sailing etc. Looks like there is a Aquapark on the Bergerac to Bordeaux road which should keep them amused if the weather is nice. Look also at websites like TripAdvisor, they usually have lots of info on what to do in different places.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:44 pm
Miles away from home

Awineor2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What to do with a 12 year old in Bergerac for the summer

Originally Posted by Awineor2
Hi

Does anyone know of any English boys football teams that play in or around Bergerac area? Please any help would be appreciated