Water Bills

Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:08 am
Just Joined

BdaveW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Water Bills

Hi

I am new member only found your site a few weeks ago although we have owned a house in France for 10yrs. I have been reading with interest various blogs about rules and regulations in France with interest.

Our house is in Herault and one day hope to spend most of our time there.

Since owning the house we get 2 water bills from different organisations and we have always just paid them as they were never for very much money but at the end of last year/beginning of this year we had a swimming pool built and the water bills are now significant, can anybody explain why we get 2 bills?

Many thanks in advance

Bryan
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Bills

if you are connected to the mains then one is probably for the sewerage and the other for the water ... if not there could be a problem
Old Nov 9th 2011, 4:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BdaveW
Hi

I am new member only found your site a few weeks ago although we have owned a house in France for 10yrs. I have been reading with interest various blogs about rules and regulations in France with interest.

Since owning the house we get 2 water bills from different organisations and we have always just paid them as they were never for very much money but at the end of last year/beginning of this year we had a swimming pool built and the water bills are now significant, can anybody explain why we get 2 bills?

Many thanks in advance

Bryan
Hi, I have been living in the Hérault for the last 20 years and have never received two water bills! Are the amounts demanded the same? Have you got two water meters, of which one is considered "agricultural", for example?
If it's any help, the local Syndicat des Eaux sends us the bill but we have to pay the Trésor Public. If I were you, I'd pay the one which demands payment to the Trésor Public and send a copy of the bill and proof of payment to the other organisation, asking them what their bill corresponds to. Or, go along to your Mairie to find out why there are two organisations in your Commune.
Hope this helps!
And welcome to the Forum, by the way!
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:15 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Forum Is one a waste water bill, ie are you connected to the public drainage system or do you have a fosse septic?

Originally Posted by BdaveW
Hi

Many thanks in advance

Bryan
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

BdaveW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the replies, one bill is from Syndicat d'adduction d'eau the other is from Sydicat intercommunal des 3 vallees the later is for slightly more but both bills show the same water meter reading.

We are not on mains sewage as we have a septic tank.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

hmm: then it sounds like you have a problem; dmu's advice seems the way to go then
Old Nov 10th 2011, 3:18 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Filling a new swimming pool would not have been cheap. If you know the capacity it may help to better understand where the bill has rocketed. Agree advice above is the way to go.