Water

Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

marc11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Water

Does France have a water regulator like Ofwat in the UK?

If so, what is it called and how can it be contacted?

Our water prices have gone up 15% and I'd like to know if that's legal.

Thanks!
Marcus
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water

Hi Marcus
welcome to the forum
You don't say where you live, but water supply is a municipal responsibility in France.
Unlike in some other countries (such as England and Wales, USA, Portugal or Chile) there is no national regulatory agency in France that approves tariffs and sets and controls service standards. There are also not regulatory agencies at the level of the Regions and Departments.

However, the Cour des Comptes (National Audit Entity) plays a role in monitoring water and sewer tariffs as well as expenditures by utilities.

Originally Posted by marc11
Does France have a water regulator like Ofwat in the UK?

If so, what is it called and how can it be contacted?

Our water prices have gone up 15% and I'd like to know if that's legal.

Thanks!
Marcus