Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Vive La France!!!!!!!

Vive La France!!!!!!!

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:05 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Vive La France!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Chains?

<perks up>

ROFL... chains far too cold for this time of year... now silk scarves and hemp however...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:23 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

It's going to be a cold one this year, We already have snow on the mountains. I dug the Kids sledges out of the shed. Brrr Brrrrr
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:50 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I KNEW it! Someone was going to go "OOOH chains". Novo, you old bugger!

I have a set going cheap if you want some, not velvet lined though, bog standard from Brico Depot
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:46 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
I KNEW it! Novo, you old bugger!
Have we met?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:59 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Could have done, at Oxford in the distant past, but no, just suspect it is a case of "great minds ....etc.

If you are into chains, how about buying my collection of hunting whips off me?

All in reasonable condition, never been used on a horse once ......
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:35 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Could have done, at Oxford in the distant past, but no, just suspect it is a case of "great minds ....etc.

If you are into chains, how about buying my collection of hunting whips off me?

All in reasonable condition, never been used on a horse once ......
Hunting whips? Dear lady, what do you take me for?

<I don't recall mentioning Oxford on here, but since I obviously must have done, when were you there?>
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:39 pm
Grey Bombshell

Sorry Sir, must have got you mixed up with someone else who mentioned Oxford - too much of the old Sauce probably (me, not you).
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

Gosh that took me back to my first view of the Canigou. It looked so beautiful and I think it was probably around end of October when I saw it for the first time - and yep, it had its "white hat" on. Beautiful. Do you ever go to Isle sur Tete? Although it's a few years ago, I remember that area as being really nice.

Also remember a place called Gesse I think it was, right down at the bottom of a gorge - along from Axat I think, first time I really knew what a "frost pocket" was, it was freezing and an old boy we asked directions from said it stays like that all day every day in winter -either white with frost or white with snow, and the sun shining on the top of the gorges each side. You picked the right place to live in that area - on the coast. The difference in temp in winter even over a few miles from the sea was amazing, although every time we went to Argeles it was very windy, regardless of season.

Trouble with English climate it is too "samey" as I call it. Don't mind cold, don't mind snow, don't mind heat, like storms, but this boring, crappy nothingness of weather here - it's not one or the other. What I loved about the French climate was they have seasons - proper seasons.

You better get the chains out soon then ...
I'm no gonna mention chains Andrea. I don't understand what the course of that conversation is......

Yep I go to Ille Sur Tet everyday. Lovely place which also has a rather (very) beautiful receptionist in the dentists there I have to collect parcels from everyday (sigh). Wish I could speak enough of the language to use the old London charm on her......
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:23 pm
Grey Bombshell

CB, French is the "language of love" m8 - should be quite simple really, even with a cockney accent .....

In the old days in France, a "suitor" apparently took his beloved a bag of tomatoes - you could try this. And if she don't pelt you with them on your way out, you're in there mon ami!!!

Gwan - be brave!! And if you are feeling nervous, imagine her in her underwear. Oh, no wait a minute, that's supposed to give you an edge at a job interview, DON't try that one
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:24 pm
Grey Bombshell

And, guys, whatever your life looks like from where you are sitting, just look at this link and think yourselves lucky you don't live in Bridport (which is frighteningly near where I live).

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200809121250/