Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

uk driving licence

uk driving licence

Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: uk driving licence

Originally Posted by bourgogne
never met a doctor yet that does not speak english!!!! as most of the learning involves english !!!......... they have to convert not him

europe is screaming for doctors. how far you got with searches?? need any help?

PS you get Carltonware out there???
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

I would love some help!

I've found a 2 unis in Czech Republic, but the agent for recruiting is in London and very unhelpful.

1 uni in Russia.

2 in the Ukraine.

1 in Cyprus.

1 in the Cayman Isles.

But none in France or near!

Haven't really looked for Carltonware, but most things seem available at a price!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
I would love some help!

I've found a 2 unis in Czech Republic, but the agent for recruiting is in London and very unhelpful.

1 uni in Russia.

2 in the Ukraine.

1 in Cyprus.

1 in the Cayman Isles.

But none in France or near!

Haven't really looked for Carltonware, but most things seem available at a price!
ok i promise nothing as i am a lazy git, but i will look

your are welcome to email me at noquet 'at' tiscali.fr (written to stop those sodding bots picking up addresses
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Hi

I have sent you a private message!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:14 am
Just Joined

Michael E will become famous soon enough

i did ask when i got here 5yrs ago was told "no" need to change:
I think the problem you have had is that you became a resident. If you just have a holiday home here and a car UK or French plateted there is no requirement to have a french licence. If you become a resident then before 2 years are up or when you take out residentcy you need to get a French driving licence as well - fair enough you live there. This costs maybe 20 or 30 euro. just go to the prefecture - fill out a form - show your resicency ID and hand over your british licence. A short time later you are issued with a French driving licence - no tests exams or anything.....

I would not dream of doing it but if you then call the UK licence department and say you have 'lost' - 'accidentaly destroyed' your UK licence they will send you another................

If you are resident in France for over 2 years (not quiet certiain about this time frame?) and have not applied to change your licence for a French one then they assume you have not driven here in that time and may require you to take a test or exam of some sort. One way round this is to give up your residency and say you are going back to the UK for the major part of the year then your UK licence will be valid - you are not a French resident - then 6 months later apply again. For Both!

Hope this is helpful

Michael
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Michael E
I think the problem you have had is that you became a resident. If you just have a holiday home here and a car UK or French plateted there is no requirement to have a french licence. If you become a resident then before 2 years are up or when you take out residentcy you need to get a French driving licence as well - fair enough you live there. This costs maybe 20 or 30 euro. just go to the prefecture - fill out a form - show your resicency ID and hand over your british licence. A short time later you are issued with a French driving licence - no tests exams or anything.....

I would not dream of doing it but if you then call the UK licence department and say you have 'lost' - 'accidentaly destroyed' your UK licence they will send you another................

If you are resident in France for over 2 years (not quiet certiain about this time frame?) and have not applied to change your licence for a French one then they assume you have not driven here in that time and may require you to take a test or exam of some sort. One way round this is to give up your residency and say you are going back to the UK for the major part of the year then your UK licence will be valid - you are not a French resident - then 6 months later apply again. For Both!

Hope this is helpful

Michael
thanx

yes your are correct its 2 years of living here you should change it

I was told that if my UK permit was the newer type no one would care...... however i got the half a sheet of wallpaper type LOL

residence permit is over now, so i never bothered getting one! and although asking about residency was told NO NEED you are an EU national you can live where you want within the EU and remain english.

Although i do still have a car with UK plates over here and i did once have a car with italian plates with french insurance and english leicence....... got stopped in belgium, police just gave up
Old Apr 19th 2005, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Michael E will become famous soon enough
Default Re: UK driving license

thanx

residence permit is over now, so i never bothered getting one! and although asking about residency was told NO NEED you are an EU national you can live where you want within the EU and remain English.

Although i do still have a car with UK plates over here and i did once have a car with Italian plates with French insurance and English leicence....... got stopped in Belgium, police just gave up
It is true as EU citizens we have the right to live and work in any EU country but I think I am right in saying that if we take up residency - live long term in another country, we are required to register. There are also practical considerations - if you own a UK car you the insurance will be very difficult if you have a non UK address. In France if you are non resident and you sell your house you will pay capital gains - not if you are registered - in the Netherlands it is a requirement that everyone registers with the Police if staying longer than 3 months (I think that;s the time scale).

I fact I do not think it is a requirement that you give up your UK residency - that is another issue - I am a French resident with ID card to prove it - French Driving license et al but any day of the week I can return to the UK and and just say I am a UK resident.... cannot see any problem with clocking in correctly with the local EU country system and in many ways it is very advantageous.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: UK driving license

Originally Posted by Michael E
It is true as EU citizens we have the right to live and work in any EU country but I think I am right in saying that if we take up residency - live long term in another country, we are required to register. There are also practical considerations - if you own a UK car you the insurance will be very difficult if you have a non UK address. In France if you are non resident and you sell your house you will pay capital gains - not if you are registered - in the Netherlands it is a requirement that everyone registers with the Police if staying longer than 3 months (I think that;s the time scale).

I fact I do not think it is a requirement that you give up your UK residency - that is another issue - I am a French resident with ID card to prove it - French Driving license et al but any day of the week I can return to the UK and and just say I am a UK resident.... cannot see any problem with clocking in correctly with the local EU country system and in many ways it is very advantageous.
obviously you have done the 'french thing ' and given up all hope of privacy and registered yourself No thats perhaps the correct thing to do!? However property??? mmmmm MINEFIELD!!

gains tax is if your income is from outside of france and you pay tax on it. there yes there is gains tax..... that works only if you want to sell. WORSE inheritance tax think the UK are catching up on that rip off area of the law now?

Notaire in the morning btw new house is errrrrr finished??? NO KITCHEN, NO BATHROOMS wrong windows and 1m20 too far the right as per building permit! that only SKIMS the surface of the errors so far.

USE A SMALL LOCAL BUILDER?
USE A MASSIVE NATIONAL BUILDER??

Maisons Phenix opppps named them national and the worst you could EVER chose!

Told the house needs to be pulled down and started over

but i not told the builders that just yet they are arguing over the windows, and i am holding the bomb back until i got a legal umphhhhh to tell them to EFF OFF and pull it down. (although can you imagine they did not notice this?)

so looking foward to faces etc LOLOLOLOL not looking foward to another 13mths delay

again BUILDING????? dont do national !!!!!! lazy and trashy. took 7mths to do what a local builder opposite took 8wks to do!!! and that local builder managed to get that house on site and even remembered sewerage. sorry forgot that!!! Yes i have NO CONNECTIONS to water or sewerage!

thats all 'at my charge' now sort of after they built it? as is the kitchen the floors ( YES NO FLOOR) and no floor meens not even a surface to tile over!!!! and bathrooms! thus they built a huge central heated SHED with 2 loos no access and totally uninhabitable.

just please remind anyone wanting a new house that PHENIX is not PHEONIX it does not rise from the ashes but it does instead vanish back into the ashes
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing! :scared:

That sounds terrible, hope you get it sorted.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Amazing! :scared:

That sounds terrible, hope you get it sorted.
i have a signature to sign

accept or not

if not they get 8 days to sort it out

they dont know the 1m20 shift yet LOL trump card is well held

the house is already in breach of regulations with the windows! i was 'told' to visit my local mare to ask him if he would accept!!!!!!! he wants blood as do i!!!!! why is this now his and my problem
?

i never mentioned the shift of 1m20 to the house placement i hope its my trump or it could be my PHENIX we see??????

they wont get away with this .... i got errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 80 points to refuse and thats the start.
wish me luck with my notaire she is a cow .... i like her i hope she can help? if not???? building in france? maison phenix??? do NOT DO IT nor MI Est nor Maisons France, they are all the same people !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bourgogne; Apr 21st 2005 at 12:52 am.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Hope it goes well for you (won't jinx it by saying the other phrase)!

I plan to buy an old wreck, couldn't afford a new home, failing that we'll have to rent!!!
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Hope it goes well for you (won't jinx it by saying the other phrase)!

I plan to buy an old wreck, couldn't afford a new home, failing that we'll have to rent!!!

so you plan to own the house i have right now???

new windows central heating and new electrics

but its still a pile of poo

Last edited by bourgogne; Apr 21st 2005 at 12:58 am.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds Great!

You ought to see the poos people are living in here!!
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Sounds Great!

You ought to see the poos people are living in here!!
house is small but solid, done all i can to it . got the gas in so radiators mmmmm

windows are phonic (yep i paid loads to get phonic glazing) also the shutters/stores on the ground are by remote electric, you can close them all at once but hey !!

barn is bigger than house and stands well detached with 4,500m2 of land behind it. wish i had the cash to convert it its a superb house in its own.

PS was out this weekend with a newzealander she moved here with hubby 6mths ago. however that acceny EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's mmm nuff said LOLOL
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

What ARE Phonic windows!????

The barn sounds really good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.