Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Tribute to one of the real GREATS!!

Tribute to one of the real GREATS!!

Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tribute to one of the real GREATS!!

"Our" Johnny has left us and the world of Jazz is poorer!!
Jazz legend Johnny Dankworth dies aged 82
http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle7018195.ece

Let the memories flow...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e6-T...eature=related
Old Feb 7th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tribute to one of the real GREATS!!

Not really being a follower of jazz, although I knew of Johnny Dankworth’s fame I never knew he was married to Cleo Laine! I’ve also learnt from this that he wrote The Avengers and the Tomorrow’s World theme tunes.You live and learn.
Thanks Roger.

Well worth another listen:- Avenger's theme
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, my first wife Luciana (Italian/Swiss) looked very much like Diana Rigg and her mannerisms were similar too... really!
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:47 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Cowboy Junkies at their place, The Stables near Milton Keynes.

Can't stand jazz, didn't like him and Cleo Laine is/was a bubble headed 'noodler'.

But - chac'un a son gout, as they say round these parts....

Be bop boop boop wop wop boop de boop boop de wop.

Boop.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 1:54 pm
New ember - smoulderin'

analyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to allanalyst is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Roger O
Yeah, my first wife Luciana (Italian/Swiss) looked very much like Diana Rigg and her mannerisms were similar too... really!
Felled baddies with a swift karate chop and drove a Lotus Elan?