Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Transporting a 3.8ton digger from the UK to France

Transporting a 3.8ton digger from the UK to France

Old May 12th 2017, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Petefinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transporting a 3.8ton digger from the UK to France

Hi i have a 3.8 ton digger that needs moving from the North West of England to north of Limoges , has any body done this and can recomend any body to me , Thanks
Old May 12th 2017, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transporting a 3.8ton digger from the UK to France

Is that the cabriolet or the sports model
Seriously, I think that is a first on BE France.
There are lots of posts on bringing a RHD and registering and converting headlamps and speedo.
There are posts on bringing a LHD from the UK to France.
But a car with a bucket in front must be a first.
However, are you only asking about transport or also about insurance and re-registration in France?
Old May 12th 2017, 8:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If it isn't a vehicle that is sold in France it might create safety or liability issues, especially if it will be used for commercial activities.
Old May 12th 2017, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

its just to be used on private land so doesn't need registering, once ive done what i need to do its getting sold
Old May 12th 2017, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Favorie is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved moved a lot of farm machinery. Mainly full artic loads but a couple of part loads.
I am near Limoges too. It should cost in the region £600. One firm to try who come to Europe regularly is walkers of tuxford. Nials, is the chap to speak to which is a shame as he is a bit of a pain
Old May 12th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that i will look him up
Old May 13th 2017, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Favorie
I moved moved a lot of farm machinery. Mainly full artic loads but a couple of part loads.
I am near Limoges too. It should cost in the region £600. One firm to try who come to Europe regularly is walkers of tuxford. Nials, is the chap to speak to which is a shame as he is a bit of a pain
Love it!
Old May 13th 2017, 10:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Favorie
..... Nials, is the chap to speak to which is a shame as he is a bit of a pain.
He probably has plenty of dough though.
Old May 14th 2017, 10:45 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Does he come across as crusty on the phone or just half baked?
Old May 14th 2017, 5:52 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Burg removals? He has a big removals van. Will it fit in? If he can't help you then he probably knows someone who can. Loads of us used them to move all kinds of stuff.
Burg Removal Company UK - France, moving house and storage
Old May 14th 2017, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski

It's possible. Just a shame as he makes dealing with a very hood firm a bit difficult
Old May 14th 2017, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Does he come across as crusty on the phone or just half baked?

Yes very crusty.

Btw - I am only replying to these messages so that I can pick up a pm
Old May 14th 2017, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Btw, I can't see it's a secret so fine on the public forum, the phone number for walkers is

01777 874923.

How far from Limoges are you going?
Old May 20th 2017, 3:31 pm
Cad
Forum Regular

Cad is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the size of your car? Most around here hire a trailer and move a small digger like yours themselves.
Have done so myself.
Old May 20th 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cad
What's the size of your car? Most around here hire a trailer and move a small digger like yours themselves.
Have done so myself.
There is no "car" behind which it would be safe* to tow something weighing 3.8 tons - plus the weight of the trailer. I am sceptical that there is even a widely available 4×4 in the UK of safely towing something that heavy, and a 3.8 ton load on a trailer would weigh massively more than even a US 4×4 such as a Ford Explorer could safely tow.

Some sort of commercial vehicle would likely be need to safely tow such a weight, and it is quite possible that you would need some weight/ payload in the towing vehicle to ensure that the towing vehicle wasn't destabilized by the trailer trying to "do it's own thing".

FWIW I own a commercial-size truck myself and use it from time to time for towing multi-ton loads, such as machinery or logs. I have learned from experience that towing excessive weight and/or a badly loaded trailer is a scary experience!

* In the event of an accident you may find your insurance voided if you exceed the "train weight" (weight of vehicle + payload + trailer + load on trailer) for your vehicle, not least because of the capability of the brakes to stop the whole lot.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 20th 2017 at 4:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.