Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Transiting through France during Covid

Transiting through France during Covid

Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transiting through France during Covid

Originally Posted by dmu
Thanks for that, will check the French News to confirm!
For those transiting through France, remember that the 18h00 nationwide curfew is still on....
You're welcome dmu, and thank you for having such a helpful page

(living in the arse-end of the world, it's good for me to keep up with what's happening in the northern hemisphere)
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're welcome dmu, and thank you for having such a helpful page

(living in the arse-end of the world, it's good for me to keep up with what's happening in the northern hemisphere)
France Inter just confirmed the news!
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
France Inter just confirmed the news!
Goodo. Now that you can all travel to Australia, I'll put a few more shrimp on the barbie

Old Mar 12th 2021, 6:36 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/le...-du-territoire

Official link from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (and I'm wondering why it's that one, but this isn't a thread inviting a debate, just giving facts....)
Old Mar 12th 2021, 8:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll add that the relaxed rules only concern married or pacsed couples separated by Covid, minor children in a French school whereas their parents live in one of the countries designated, French students in one of the countries designated, legally separated parents with children, one living in France and the other in one of the countries designated.
A Decree will shortly be published, together with an amended Attestation.
The present "compelling family reasons" still apply to those who aren't in one of the above circumstances....
Old Mar 12th 2021, 9:24 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by dmu
I'll add that the relaxed rules only concern married or pacsed couples separated by Covid, minor children in a French school whereas their parents live in one of the countries designated, French students in one of the countries designated, legally separated parents with children, one living in France and the other in one of the countries designated.
A Decree will shortly be published, together with an amended Attestation.
The present "compelling family reasons" still apply to those who aren't in one of the above circumstances....
I read that differently dmu. To me it looks like there are two relaxations to the rules.
1) No need to supply any compelling reason for travel to/from the seven listed countries
2) For those who need to travel to/from non-EU countries other than those seven listed countries, the list of compelling and personal reasons has been expanded to include all family relationships and add new situations related to family estrangement
Old Mar 12th 2021, 11:36 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I read that differently dmu. To me it looks like there are two relaxations to the rules.
1) No need to supply any compelling reason for travel to/from the seven listed countries
2) For those who need to travel to/from non-EU countries other than those seven listed countries, the list of compelling and personal reasons has been expanded to include all family relationships and add new situations related to family estrangement
I understand that the relaxation is only applicable to the seven countries listed, but I stand to be corrected!
Old Mar 18th 2021, 7:10 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Breaking news: The French PM has just announced that all the Départements of the Hauts-de-France (directly north of Paris), Seine Maritime (Le Havre), Ile-de-France (Paris Region) and Alpes Maritimes, will be under confinement as from tomorrow, and all "inter-regional" travel prohibited for at least 4 weeks. This means that any one arriving along the coast from Italy, via Belgium or via a northern Channel port will be unable to travel far.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

bons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Breaking news: The French PM has just announced that all the Départements of the Hauts-de-France (directly north of Paris), Seine Maritime (Le Havre), Ile-de-France (Paris Region) and Alpes Maritimes, will be under confinement as from tomorrow, and all "inter-regional" travel prohibited for at least 4 weeks. This means that any one arriving along the coast from Italy, via Belgium or via a northern Channel port will be unable to travel far.
Thanks for these updates, much appreciated.
Old Mar 18th 2021, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Is inter-regional travel prohibited for everybody, or just those who are in the red zones, and if it is the latter how will they monitor it? I'm assuming those in confined zones will require certificates and those who are not, do not?

As an aside, I bet the roads out of Paris will be incredibly busy tonight and tomorrow. One of the downsides whenever they make these announcements, is that there is a mass exodus as people leave the badly infected regions to go stay with family or in second homes scattered all over France.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 7:49 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Is inter-regional travel prohibited for everybody, or just those who are in the red zones, and if it is the latter how will they monitor it? I'm assuming those in confined zones will require certificates and those who are not, do not?

As an aside, I bet the roads out of Paris will be incredibly busy tonight and tomorrow. One of the downsides whenever they make these announcements, is that there is a mass exodus as people leave the badly infected regions to go stay with family or in second homes scattered all over France.
- Prohibited for those living in the red zones, no idea how they can monitor it, since you can put any département number on your car registration now. I didn't catch whether the "Attestations" will be necessary for everyone going out-of-doors, or just for those going further than 10 km from their domicile. No Attestations required for those not living in a red zone.
- I think the rest of France is afraid of the virus accompanying the exodus to the other départements, but at least the numbers should be reduced since schools remain open....

Last edited by dmu; Mar 19th 2021 at 7:59 am.
Old Mar 19th 2021, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DMU. At the moment it doesn't seem very clear, I just don't know how they can monitor and enforce. As you say, even the registration plates mean nothing these days (we have a 13, but live far from it!) According to the news this morning, the Paris trains were completely full with people escaping to places like Normandy and Brittany. After Saturday I don't see how they can monitor everybody or determine who exactly should have a certificate or not. Obviously it's easier to check somebody within a red zone itself.
Later this month I need to make a two hour journey, but it is still within the region where I live - Nouvelle Aquitaine is pretty massive. This time next month I should be travelling to another region that is not a red zone, so was curious how it might work. I suspect 4 weeks will become 6 weeks, and more areas will become red zones, will have to wait and see.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 7:58 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Thanks DMU. At the moment it doesn't seem very clear, I just don't know how they can monitor and enforce. As you say, even the registration plates mean nothing these days (we have a 13, but live far from it!) According to the news this morning, the Paris trains were completely full with people escaping to places like Normandy and Brittany. After Saturday I don't see how they can monitor everybody or determine who exactly should have a certificate or not. Obviously it's easier to check somebody within a red zone itself.
Later this month I need to make a two hour journey, but it is still within the region where I live - Nouvelle Aquitaine is pretty massive. This time next month I should be travelling to another region that is not a red zone, so was curious how it might work. I suspect 4 weeks will become 6 weeks, and more areas will become red zones, will have to wait and see.
They were careful to say 4 weeks minimum, which always means it can be extended, depending on the Covid figures. And this weekend they showed a few "flashing" départements which are under surveillance due to the hospital bed situation, and might become Red from one day to the next.
But the Western half of France is relatively clear (all things being relative). Watch this space....
Old Mar 25th 2021, 7:06 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Breaking news. Three more départements have been added to those in the N.E. already under confinement: L'Aube (Troyes), Nièvre (Nevers) and Rhône (Lyon). For at least 4 weeks.
Others are under surveillance, including 2-3 to the S.W. of Paris.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 7:28 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Breaking news. Three more départements have been added to those in the N.E. already under confinement: L'Aube (Troyes), Nièvre (Nevers) and Rhône (Lyon). For at least 4 weeks.
Others are under surveillance, including 2-3 to the S.W. of Paris.
PffftttThanks for the info though !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.