Wikiposts

Train strikes?

Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Train strikes?

I heard today that there was talk of more train strikes tomorrow (13/11).
Has anyone else heard about this?
Any news of train strikes next week as well?
Thanks
Val
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:35 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future
Default Re: Train strikes?

Originally Posted by val50
Thanks
Val

My english papers say strikes 13 and 20 th of this month]
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

I was informed that the strike was on the 14th?
i hope its not tomorrow as i rescheduled my travel and hotel booking for tomorrow instead of wednesday - oh poo! panicking now, yes i know it doesnt take much really
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:10 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

The strike starts 13th Nov TUESDAY EVENING at 20.00 and ends 14th Nov WEDNESDAY at 24.00. Disruption is expected to be intense.

See http://www.sncf.com/ where you can consult a service that will/should tell you which trains are running.

It is recommended not to travel on the Thursday and that services risk being severely 'perturbed' throughout the weekend and the SNCF has suggested that where possible people change their travel plans during this period.

All seven unions are out on strike over, as you'll know, the reform of the special retirement plan from which the SNCF employees benefit.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
The strike starts 13th Nov TUESDAY EVENING at 20.00 and ends 14th Nov WEDNESDAY at 24.00. Disruption is expected to be intense.

See http://www.sncf.com/ where you can consult a service that will/should tell you which trains are running.

It is recommended not to travel on the Thursday and that services risk being severely 'perturbed' throughout the weekend and the SNCF has suggested that where possible people change their travel plans during this period.

All seven unions are out on strike over, as you'll know, the reform of the special retirement plan from which the SNCF employees benefit.
I also heard that it was going to be pretty bad and one report I read said it was going to be "open-ended". Wonder if the ferries are going to be affected too? I have a friend who is supposed to be travelling over to Caen next Monday and then catching the train. Was going to advise her to change to Sunday but not sure if that is a good idea now.
Also heard the train strike was choosen now to coincide with the launch of the high speed train opening at St Pancreas by the Queen
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:41 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I also heard that it was going to be pretty bad and one report I read said it was going to be "open-ended". Wonder if the ferries are going to be affected too? I have a friend who is supposed to be travelling over to Caen next Monday and then catching the train. Was going to advise her to change to Sunday but not sure if that is a good idea now.
Also heard the train strike was choosen now to coincide with the launch of the high speed train opening at St Pancreas by the Queen
The french hate it when we get one over on them because you still have to cross paris by taxi from eurostar unless you want a train to Calais.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

karunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to allkarunia is a name known to all

There are expectations that the transport and student strikes are going to continue to "join up" with another set of strikes starting on 20th (of various fonctionnaires)... but it seems generally assumed that even if the transport strikes ended quicky, there would be sizeable disruptions up to and incuding this coming weekend. So far, Eurostar and Thalys will not be affected except for timekeeping.
TGV - about one in seven will be running
RATP (metro) - one in ten
etc
Old Nov 13th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
Val
France24.com have a strike survival guide, details of what is running etc.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:20 pm

The strike has started today...Eurostar cant leave st pancreas.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

Since there are people from both sides of the Atlantic using this forum, it would make sense to use the names of the month and not the number.
I know today's date is OK, but yesterday (12/11) could have been read as the 11th of December.

12 Nov is probably just as quick to type.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:52 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
Since there are people from both sides of the Atlantic using this forum, it would make sense to use the names of the month and not the number.
I know today's date is OK, but yesterday (12/11) could have been read as the 11th of December.

I have a lot of problems remembering dates. When my mother died last year on the 9th November I remember saying the date to myself outside the hospital. 9th of the 11th I said. Hey, that's amazing I thought, I'll not forget this date, 9/11 the day of the Twin Towers. Hang on, that is a bit wierd I kept thinking and gradually it sunk in that I was a victim of the confusion you mention.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac

I suppose it's because most of us using the forum are British, that we don't think of problems like this. Will make sure I don't do it again
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:59 am

I have a lot of problems remembering dates. When my mother died last year on the 9th November I remember saying the date to myself outside the hospital. 9th of the 11th I said. Hey, that's amazing I thought, I'll not forget this date, 9/11 the day of the Twin Towers. Hang on, that is a bit wierd I kept thinking and gradually it sunk in that I was a victim of the confusion you mention.
Thats funning my mum got remarried on 11 sept no problems for me to remember her anniversary
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:12 am
down under where

"long live the revolution"
official communication from the striking workers

"it left ten minutes ago"
official communication from the working strikers
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:26 am

"long live the revolution"
official communication from the striking workers

"it left ten minutes ago"
official communication from the working strikers
hehe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.