Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

To Toulouse or not to Toulouse!!

Wikiposts

To Toulouse or not to Toulouse!!

Old Dec 11th 2012, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To Toulouse or not to Toulouse!!

We are near Isle Jourdain... Plaisance is nice and full of managers... where we are is further out but much cheaper;;; the choice is yours
Old Dec 11th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Dawny54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi can I ask how long it takes to get to airbus in Toulouse from where you are? Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2012, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

it depends which airbus; around 40mins to St Martin and 25 to Blagnac
Old Dec 12th 2012, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

For Toulouse new arrivals, don't forget to pack your winter thermal underwear.
I had my arm bent today to drive there, and spend the day shopping etc. Spent an hour around the Place Capitol outdoor Christmas market where it was real brass-monkey weather.... Probably not less than zero, but it certainly felt so to me. Was glad to get home and back indoors.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:32 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
For Toulouse new arrivals, don't forget to pack your winter thermal underwear.
I had my arm bent today to drive there, and spend the day shopping etc. Spent an hour around the Place Capitol outdoor Christmas market where it was real brass-monkey weather.... Probably not less than zero, but it certainly felt so to me. Was glad to get home and back indoors.
What's french for wimp?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What's french for wimp?
Ze wimp?

Novo, it's ok for you Yeti types to scoff....
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What's french for wimp?
Hollande?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:26 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
Hollande?

(Had to check this in the dictionary, you've got the choice of "poule mouillée", "femmelette" or "mauviette". Must admit we were a trifle mauviettes yesterday, with -10°C at 8 a.m.)
Sorry to hijack Toulouse thread!
Old Dec 13th 2012, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:04 am
Just Joined

Dawny54 is an unknown quantity at this point

omg -10o?? Were -3o in the UK and doing nothing but moaning
Old Dec 13th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

yep winter is colder but shorter here; compared to the nw it is a lot brighter and sunnier; just colder!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 9:14 am
Just Joined

combi31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dawny54
My hubby has been told if he wants a position in Toulouse then its his! He only has a few weeks to decide though and its a Jan/Feb start. Its a 5 year contract with Airbus.
Were currently living in the North West of England with 3 young children 8, 4 & 2 years and a dog and have never been to France before or speak any of the language.
We don’t know what to do and only have weeks to make the decision!!
Any help or advice will be hugely appreciated

Thanks in advance

Dawn
Hi
I've lived in Toulouse since 1999 and in France since '93 - Toulouse is brilliant, lots to do and if you don't speak French it is not really a problem, especially in Airbus. I know people who have been here for years who get by with very basic French, although if you really want to get a lot out of the experience then speaking good French is necessary.
There is an International school near Airbus in Colomiers too.
I would strongly advise you just GO FOR IT!
There is also a great rugby team here, just over 1 hour from the Mediterranean and the same to go skiing. The countryside is great, so too is the city.

All the best

Chris
Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Caradec is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sorry to hijack this thread but I hope you can forgive me as its my first! My wife and I are taking redundancy and have been looking at doing a TEFL course as we both teach at the moment in the UK. We are looking at the TEFL training course in Toulouse and wonder if anyone has heard anything good or bad and if it is a good area to find employment afterwards?

Never been to Toulouse but love the Pyrenees and the Lot.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 3:47 am
Just Joined

combi31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Never heard of it.
All I would say about the TEFL industry here is, it's tough.
Good luck
Old Jan 5th 2013, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Caradec
. We are looking at the TEFL training course in Toulouse and wonder if anyone has heard anything good or bad and if it is a good area to find employment afterwards?
Its good: I have employed people from them.. however it is expensive I think. The TEFL scene is what you make of it in Toulouse.. it has been good to me but it doesnt work out for everyone and it is often just luck. If you do decide to come over, I recruit for one of the big companies: we have just had a very big recruitment drive and unless loads of people leave I think we are set for a while, but who knows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.