Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Timewaster again!

Timewaster again!

Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:51 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Timewaster again!

Another timewaster, but with an interesting point.

HERE
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:24 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timewaster again!

Jesus H Christ, that's scary. Course I don't do anything by halves, so I did the Asteroid Impact first - things seemed to get better after that, even old Fat Boy didn't get to europe ..............

Wish we could reset it for Plymouth ......

I remember a Scottish friend I had who hated Glasgow and I was trying to get him to say something good about it - he came up with:

"Well, one advantage of it is if it was hit by a Nuclear Explosion it wouldn't look any different afterwards".

Hm.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:27 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Wish we could reset it for Plymouth ......
You can Andy, just type in the nom de ville where it says 'Mexico City'!

I did it for Paris! Not that I have anything against Paris, I love it. Just wantrd to see how far away we need to be for anything less than a meteor impact!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:47 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, so it's game time is it? Watch Out Exeter - you're about to get a facelift of mega ton proportions!

We were watching (for about the 8th time) that film last night - Deep Impact - very gauche I know, but love Morgan Freeman and it's good for a laf if the temps outside are -3.7 (which they were!) and a walk to the local pub could result in hypothermic frostbite of ones extremities ........... makes you think, considering the Spaceguard Programme's budget is about the same proportionately as me mum's pension ............. then I flipped the channel to Movies and found a film called Aftermath - really chilling and made me quite depressed.

So, where's the safest place to live then - barring the odd meteor of course, can't account for them? I always fancied Western Canada - thought on balance that seemed a good bet as I never hear of Canadians being dumb enough to upset anyone.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 9:51 pm

So, where's the safest place to live then - barring the odd meteor of course, can't account for them? I always fancied Western Canada - thought on balance that seemed a good bet as I never hear of Canadians being dumb enough to upset anyone.
I'm sort of 'warming' to Canada really. I told you about the guy we know who's bought on Gabriola Island? I've been looking at his 'blog alot lately, and I'm tempted by the place, I really am.

Island Life
Old Dec 30th 2008, 10:11 pm
Grey Bombshell

Oh God I Want That!

I spent two years trying to get into Canada. I tried every single which way there was (and some there weren't) even to joining the Marry A Canadian website dating agency!!!!!!!! That had the usual "andrea style" ending, when the bloke I went over to meet turned out to be rather gay confirmed batchelor who was really on there to meet men but thought I was "a good laugh". He was in New Brunswick anyway - they were Marriotts, something to do with hotels I think.

Their requirements are SO exacting and I was 4 points short, so decided to spend a year getting a proper French qualification, then met my ex and we ended up in France.

What's totally mad is my teaching qual has now been upgraded apparently to a Post Grad and would have earned me those extra 4 points to have got in:curse:

Too late now I think, as Pete's worried about being cut off in France, if I mention Canada I think he'll have a nervous breakdown ...........
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Le Chant
I'm sort of 'warming' to Canada really. I told you about the guy we know who's bought on Gabriola Island? I've been looking at his 'blog alot lately, and I'm tempted by the place, I really am.

Island Life

will have to do a house swap with you one winter - warm to Canada, that is so funny - we are under a blizzard watch at the moment - expecting 30 cms of snow over the next 24 hours and winds of 90 kms/hr. Just rushed out to buy candles, water, matches, tinned food etc in case power goes down again - already happened twice this week. No power in -16 conditions is not nice
you don't know how lucky you are, being where you are - just don't get me started on what Canada (well NS) is like
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by val50

will have to do a house swap with you one winter - warm to Canada, that is so funny - we are under a blizzard watch at the moment - expecting 30 cms of snow over the next 24 hours and winds of 90 kms/hr. Just rushed out to buy candles, water, matches, tinned food etc in case power goes down again - already happened twice this week. No power in -16 conditions is not nice
you don't know how lucky you are, being where you are - just don't get me started on what Canada (well NS) is like
Ah, but I'm talking about proper Canada, where penguins don't root in yer bin for leftovers Val - Vancouver Island sort of genteel canada!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:09 am
Grey Bombshell

Kelowna and Okhanagan valley are nice too - fruit growing area, so you can bet the spring and summer is quite pleasant - you don't get fruit if you don't get a summer.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:09 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50

Strewth. Happy New Year Val < shivers >
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:48 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Too late. I just dropped a Fatboy on downtown Calgary. There's an asteroid about to hit the oil sands as I type.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Too late. I just dropped a Fatboy on downtown Calgary. There's an asteroid about to hit the oil sands as I type.

Yer a baaaaaaaaaaaad man!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Collioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to beholdCollioure_Bee is a splendid one to behold

I've just nuked Liverpool, that cheered me up a tad. I'll go back and get it again later.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Collioure_Bee
I've just nuked Liverpool, that cheered me up a tad. I'll go back and get it again later.
Funnily enough, I targetted Liverpool too!
Old Jan 1st 2009, 12:44 am
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Funnily enough, I targetted Liverpool too!
Ah well, good choice, at least it won't look any different afterwards to what it looked like before ....................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.