Tesco, Calais

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tesco, Calais

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had been to the Tesco at Calais? On the website they say they sell loads of wines and beers, for the booze-cruise lot, but is that all they sell?
I hate to sound like such a Brit but my hubby is particularly fond of his bacon butty so I wondered if they sell all the usual Tesco-UK stuff - on the last trip we had a mad trolley-dash round the Dover one and we are never sure if we can officially bring back bacon (vac-pack) or even cheese.

Much as I love France and French food, there are some things we can teach them.....
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tesco, Calais

Originally Posted by L'Acajou
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had been to the Tesco at Calais? On the website they say they sell loads of wines and beers, for the booze-cruise lot, but is that all they sell?
I hate to sound like such a Brit but my hubby is particularly fond of his bacon butty so I wondered if they sell all the usual Tesco-UK stuff - on the last trip we had a mad trolley-dash round the Dover one and we are never sure if we can officially bring back bacon (vac-pack) or even cheese.

Much as I love France and French food, there are some things we can teach them.....
we never go to tesco........EVER....not a shop we like,
but in the complex has lots of food halls with lots of different things to eat. Bacon butty
Tell him there is one and go anyway. He never will know
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

L'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of lightL'Acajou is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tesco, Calais

Hi Moose,

Thanks for that... I agree with the anti-Tesco sentiments, we are farmers after all (probably it isn't ethical for farmers to shop there, milk prices etc), I never shopped there ever before we moved to France!! I only go once or twice a year max now and then only if it is the store you find after following the "superstore" signs. Still feel like a traitor though.
I think hubby was thinking along the lines of buying himself a trolley-load of packs of bacon. Funnily enough I send him with a shopping list and he selects the things he wants...

So I think he will call in for a look, sounds like he will find some stuff he likes!

Sue