Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

tansport to bordeaux airport

tansport to bordeaux airport

Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

helen52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tansport to bordeaux airport

can anyone help am looking for private transport to Bordeaux airport from the Ruffec area on 12th December morning to catch a flight to Paris, for 2 people with luggage, am going on a long haul flight to Australia and do not want to leave my car at the airport, anyone know of any private transport or anyone willing to take us o know of anyone please, and also collect us 31st Jan 2014 will pay a reasonable rate of course,
Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tansport to bordeaux airport

Hells bells, December 2013 is a very long way off.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

yes but an awful lot to think about and prices go up
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:44 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helen52
yes but an awful lot to think about and prices go up
Can't you ask various taxi firms in your town? Even so, they might not be willing to give estimates so long in advance...
Old Mar 27th 2013, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

yes have filled in an online questionnaire and they send to firms in the area and thet supply quotes but worried it may be very expensive
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

I think that would be expensive though, it's got be in the 150m - 200euro margin at a guess

we have a man in our village who is the taxi driver. Perhaps you have someone local?

The long stay car park at Bordeaux is a bit dodgy. The cars around the edge often have their windows broken.

The short stay ones are ok though.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 10:16 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

can anyone help am looking for private transport to Bordeaux airport from the Ruffec area on 12th December morning to catch a flight to Paris, for 2 people with luggage, am going on a long haul flight to Australia and do not want to leave my car at the airport, anyone know of any private transport or anyone willing to take us o know of anyone please, and also collect us 31st Jan 2014 will pay a reasonable rate of course,
Hi again! I checked on the SNCF site. It's much too early for the winter time-tables, but a random date in September gives you TERs from Ruffec to various TGV stations (e.g. Poitiers) with direct TGVs to Roissy. Maybe worth thinking about, rather than going all the way to Bordeaux?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi again! I checked on the SNCF site. It's much too early for the winter time-tables, but a random date in September gives you TERs from Ruffec to various TGV stations (e.g. Poitiers) with direct TGVs to Roissy. Maybe worth thinking about, rather than going all the way to Bordeaux?
They also stop at Massy TGV for Orly.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

There is a good and regular bus service from Bordeaux train station to the airport.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond reputevictorian67 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: tansport to bordeaux airport

Well, hello again Helen

Being a Brit, I am sure that you aware of the following online forum which will help you finding solutions to most questions you have about life in the Poitou Charentes :

http://poitoucharentes.angloinfo.com/

Karim

Last edited by victorian67; Mar 27th 2013 at 4:54 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice

I usually stay at the Mercure for about 100 a night. It's free, secure parking for as long as you like and they have a shuttle to and from the terminal.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:31 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi again, following on from a comment on another thread about the SNCF being expensive, the fare from Ruffec to Roissy midweek in June at 8 a.m. with a change at Poitiers, costs just over 40€ each.
Compare this to the estimated taxi fare to Bordeaux (plus the flight from there to Roissy). Is there a particular reason for leaving from Bordeaux which, geographically, is a long way in the wrong direction? Isn't there a flight Poitiers/Limoges/Angoulême-Roissy? (I'm presuming that you are leaving from Roissy and not Orly?)
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that very interesting so you think that come December prices wont be that much if any higher as June is quite a peak time, and that would cut out getting to the airport, the flight, and the cost of leaving our car, which was extortionate, the only reason I picked Bordeaux was because that was much cheaper than our local airports for the flight, the others you mentioned were double, only that and Nantes wee the cheapest, just got to find somewhere for my dogs and we may be back on track thanks again
Old Mar 28th 2013, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Have just looked and its more expensive than you quoted can you send me the link to the website please and also there are 3 airport names that come up which one do I choose if got no car thanks Helen
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:47 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Have just looked and its more expensive than you quoted can you send me the link to the website please and also there are 3 airport names that come up which one do I choose if got no car thanks Helen
The one your long haul flight is taking off from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.