Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

taking a walk on the wild side..

taking a walk on the wild side..

Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

matt85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink taking a walk on the wild side..

im a expat living in the vendee. its nice here, lovely landscape, i like it. i enjoy my work through the week and my relaxing evenings sipping wine next to the fire, waking to the sound of singing birds etc. but i mean.. come on, im 21. these are great qualities to enjoy in life, i know.. but not at my age.. not yet..

i will spend a few more months saving cash, before hitting bordeaux to spend the summer partying.. and i mean partying. i will be out every weekend without fail, attending as many festivals/events as possible. i am going on my own.. i know i will make friends as i did it here in the vendee. i will be able to get work as i did that here too, and even if i cant.. the money i have saved will see me through at least a few months. this will be one crazy adventure. its what life's all about right? because some memories just sit on the shelf and rot away, they're worthless, but i want some things worth remembering.. thats when you know you need to give yourself a kick up the backside and push yourself out there.. and make the most of life!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

scarr is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: taking a walk on the wild side..

110 percent right, go hard or go home
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:27 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: taking a walk on the wild side..

Originally Posted by scarr
110 percent right, go hard or go home
Welcome to the Forum...
Old Mar 16th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: taking a walk on the wild side

Hi there people, totally new to this game of soldiers, hope i dont get marked on spelling and grammar!! Nut shell - have a place in Beziers and have done so for 4 years, a do-up apartment (another story, another day) live and work near london but we ( two ) spend as much time there as poss. Is there any of our country men residing in this weird but wonderful town? cause if there is WHERE R U?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 9:04 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, welcome to the forum!
I live to the north of the Hérault, and only go to Béziers to catch the TGV!

P.S. pm sent, but you may not be able to read it until you've posted a bit more.

Last edited by dmu; Mar 16th 2011 at 9:22 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 7:24 am
Just Joined

from what i can gather it has been a long winter all over france
Old Mar 19th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scarr
from what i can gather it has been a long winter all over france
Its still winter in the East - brrrrr Just been out on the bike and I'm bloody frozen
June and july is the wet season and if we're lucky we may have a summer (break in the cloud??) some day in August. Then after another wet season (sept/oct) winter sets in once more for another 8 months - No wonder I'm a heating engineer
Old Mar 21st 2011, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Robert J is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: taking a walk on the wild side..

Originally Posted by matt85
im a expat living in the vendee. its nice here, lovely landscape, i like it. i enjoy my work through the week and my relaxing evenings sipping wine next to the fire, waking to the sound of singing birds etc. but i mean.. come on, im 21. these are great qualities to enjoy in life, i know.. but not at my age.. not yet..

i will spend a few more months saving cash, before hitting bordeaux to spend the summer partying.. and i mean partying. i will be out every weekend without fail, attending as many festivals/events as possible. i am going on my own.. i know i will make friends as i did it here in the vendee. i will be able to get work as i did that here too, and even if i cant.. the money i have saved will see me through at least a few months. this will be one crazy adventure. its what life's all about right? because some memories just sit on the shelf and rot away, they're worthless, but i want some things worth remembering.. thats when you know you need to give yourself a kick up the backside and push yourself out there.. and make the most of life!
I love your enthusiasm! Enjoy your summer