Reload this Page >

Swimming pool cleaner robot

Swimming pool cleaner robot

Old Mar 15th 2014, 12:52 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swimming pool cleaner robot

Has anyone bought a swimming pool cleaner robot for their outdoor pool? If so, can anyone recommend a make, model, company etc? Also pro's and cons to them as opposed to manual ones. Casto do them, but no reviews which doesn't help, and also judging on how rubbish their products are will keep a wide birth from them I think!
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swimming pool cleaner robot

HI

we got a cheapish one last year - we are not very impressed - it clears gen waste, but doesnt get really clean and doesnt get into edges and corners. We second clean with our old very powerful hand held cleaner
Old Mar 15th 2014, 6:29 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

Yes, corners aren't good with one of those, but our pool gets messy so quick. No good getting one if you have to double up with a traditional method. It is like those useless robot vacuum cleaners!
Old Mar 15th 2014, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with pool cleaners. But (off topic) we bought a latest generation robot vacuum cleaner 3 months ago after having detailed all possible reviews and consumer magazines. It's really brilliant! Agree though, most appear to be a waste of money, so choose with care.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:42 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

JVC do you want a pool robot which is self-powered or one that runs off a prise robot (suction) or surpresseur (pressure).

TP I would be very interested to know which make/model of household robot cleaner you got as I was thinking of getting one myself.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 6:50 am
jvc
BE Enthusiast

On the subject of robot vacuum cleaners...you obviously don't have pet hair to contend with Not sure on the subject of pool cleaners, either really...depends on reviews and recommendations.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jvc
Has anyone bought a swimming pool cleaner robot for their outdoor pool? If so, can anyone recommend a make, model, company etc?
Hi,
I have a Polaris pool cleaner, which was supplied with the pool when I bought the house. It's probably over ten years old, and is still going strong. It is a simple piece of kit, working off pressure from its own pump, separately from the pool's filtration pump. However the two have to be on together. A new one would appear to cost in the region of 350€. Personally I find it does quite a good job, especially in the spring when it manages to get rid of loads of leaves, grunge and the occasional frog that have accumulated over the winter, despite the cover. I leave it on for a couple of hours a night during the off-peak electricity period and it bumbles around quite happily, very rarely getting stuck. The result isn't perfect, especially in corners but it's more than satisfactory. There is a bag that has to be emptied once a day or so; it also picks up quite a bit of the dust that tends to sink to the bottom without it slipping through the mesh. If it does get stuck this may indicate wear in the transmission system or a problem with the jet that propels it around.
Since having a pool, I've discovered that items related to it tend to be expensive for what they are; no doubt based on the premise that pool-owners must be bloated plutocrats, so they can afford such footling pleasures.
Still, it'll soon be time to get the covers off, give it a clean, fill it up and get swimming.
PB
Old Mar 16th 2014, 12:59 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvc
...depends on reviews and recommendations.
No it really depends what is already installed in your pool. If you have a connection in your pool for a robot then it's important to know whether it sucks or blows (if you'll forgive the expression). If you have no in-pool connection then you'll need a robot "autonome" which is much more expensive.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
No it really depends what is already installed in your pool. If you have a connection in your pool for a robot then it's important to know whether it sucks or blows (if you'll forgive the expression).
Yes, I quite agree. The one I have has a separate (small) pump and is plugged into an existing outlet in the side of the pool. It must have been built in when the pool was constructed.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 3:39 am
jvc
BE Enthusiast

Invinoveritas- we have one that sucks
Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:26 am
Hostage Negotiator

Haha! I used to have a Zodiac Baracuda G2 which I was very happy with.

Advantages: no separate pump so can be left running all the time the filtration is on; can be stood on without breaking (kids broke my Polaris twice by standing on it); quiet; cheap

Disadvantages: misses some areas and needs to be "guided" there: leaves are caught in the pump filter which needs emptying from time to time

I think the G2 has been replaced by the G3 which I assume is similar

PS you may need to increase suction by closing a skimmer valve or the sump valve.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
JVC do you want a pool robot which is self-powered or one that runs off a prise robot (suction) or surpresseur (pressure).

TP I would be very interested to know which make/model of household robot cleaner you got as I was thinking of getting one myself.
JVC/IVV:- to address your queries (with apologies to the OP)........

With a large dog who frequently sheds very short, fine hair, one of the top priorities in our choice for a robotic vacuum cleaner was one that was particularly efficient in pet hair removal etc. And imho it does this very well indeed. Note:- we have no carpet throughout the house so this may be a significant point in our favour.
Without directly spelling out the make and model we chose, for those interested it's the second model reviewed in THIS link.
We purchased from Amazon.fr which gave a significant saving over a high street store.
Bottom line is we're very satisfied, as it lives up to advertised promises. Rather than using the programming facility to set-up virtual walls to prevent the robot from 'escaping', we simply close the doors in the room being cleaned. On completion, it's quite uncanny how the little blighter finds it's own way home to neatly park itself back onto the docking station to 'sleep' or recharge as required. One additional comment, we sometimes wish the dust 'bag' was just a little larger.
They certainly don't replace manual vacuum cleaners, but they supplement them admirably.
Old Mar 18th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Our robot pump broke last year. How I miss it. Cleaning that pool daily with a brush is a nightmare.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 9:11 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loy loy
Our robot pump broke last year. How I miss it. Cleaning that pool daily with a brush is a nightmare.
It's a hard life cleaning a pool in the sun.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
It's a hard life cleaning a pool in the sun.
yes I should think about my UK life in those instances.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.