Reload this Page >

sustainability in dordogne/s. west

sustainability in dordogne/s. west

Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:09 am
pks
Just Joined

pks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sustainability in dordogne/s. west

Can anyone tell me if local planning offices in the dordogne encourage the use of sustainability in renovation projects? I'm thinking solar power, geothermal heating, grey water systems etc. Or is it easier to start from scratch with a new build. Or, are there other depts in south west france that are more accepting to this sort of thing?
Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:45 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: sustainability in dordogne/s. west

Originally Posted by pks
Can anyone tell me if local planning offices in the dordogne encourage the use of sustainability in renovation projects? I'm thinking solar power, geothermal heating, grey water systems etc. Or is it easier to start from scratch with a new build. Or, are there other depts in south west france that are more accepting to this sort of thing?
Thanks
It's encouraged everywhere, Finding a bit of land to Build on may be an issue. The planning system is very different to the UK.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with kia ora; renewable energy etc is a big thing here in france. We have just about finished building our house , which has aerothermic underfloor heating and 2 solar panels for water; more costly than std equipment but better in the long term. We have also looked at getting a wind turbine in the future for our general electricity.

There are vast numbers of companies offering all of this sort of equipment ere in france.
michele
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:50 am
pks
Just Joined

pks is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you get grants?
I'm actually living in Oz at the moment where they are encouraging sustainablity with plenty of grants/rebates available.
Miss being in Europe though and am likely to make the move back in the next couple of years.
Cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

hi

if i have understood correctly ( and i should have done having fitted it!)
then there are grants repayable after completion on the equipment; it depends on what you fit as to what the rebate is....

hope this helps
michele
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

steve1717 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can even get a grant for buying a woodburner ..beware with wood though as prices are rising fast great if you have your own supply ...also note you cannot buy and get the grant unless you use a registered person who falls under the scheme ..but your local marie will point you in the right direction ..i have just had a new windmill fitted ..and i have a big property here and it provides most of my power everything was included in the price .been running for a year now very pleased bills dropped by 80%..and every time the fuel goes up the pay bACK TIME REDUCES

Last edited by val50; Oct 8th 2008 at 1:17 am. Reason: no advertising allowed on the forum
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:54 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve1717
You can even get a grant for buying a woodburner ..beware with wood though as prices are rising fast great if you have your own supply ...also note you cannot buy and get the grant unless you use a registered person who falls under the scheme ..but your local marie will point you in the right direction ..i have just had a new windmill fitted ..and i have a big property here and it provides most of my power everything was included in the price .been running for a year now very pleased bills dropped by 80%..and every time the fuel goes up the pay bACK TIME REDUCES
The Tax Rebate Grant system for Eco Fuels ended this year. You can no longer get it. We filed our return just in time.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 7:32 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
The Tax Rebate Grant system for Eco Fuels ended this year. You can no longer get it. We filed our return just in time.
The tax rebate may be over,but you can get a interest free mortgage up to35000Euros over a 7yrs period.