Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Surveyors and Architects: English speaking

Surveyors and Architects: English speaking

Old Feb 9th 2006, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

FranceFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Surveyors and Architects: English speaking

When I moved to France I hardly spoke a word of France so I didn't know how to find or organise a building surveyor. Fortunately, my estate agent organised one (an "expert" --- the French don't really have a good equivalent to the English Building Surveyor). Also, fortunately the French estate agent gave the property a clean bill of health, so i bought it.

In both cases, "fortunate" for the estate agent and the seller. Bloody unfortunate for me. Electricity, plumbing, heating....all badly done and most of it in breach of health and safety.

So I've done some research and pulled together some English-speaking professionals with qualifications. I've created a free directory for these types (no advertising, no fees, I just want to save other people the hassle I went through). I hope some people will find it useful (www.directory-france.com). Any comments, please send them to me ([email protected]).

I realise I was really stupid. But not knowing the language I didn't see any alternative. Now I know never to use a professional arranged by an estate agent, no matter what. There are enough English with qualifications. The trick is to find them in advance, rather than when you need someone quick as you have to make a decision.

Regards,
Doug
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

mpprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Surveyors and Architects: English speaking

"When I moved to France I hardly spoke a word of France "

or English ?

!!!

Peter