State Pension

Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:08 am
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of
Default State Pension

If you spend most of your life in the armed forces.and come out with a pension that you can live on,and therefor do not take a job again. On reaching the grand age of 65 years do you get a State Pension?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:17 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Pension

As far as I am aware, the state pension is not means tested, and at 65 you have automatic entitlement. I think there is some dependency upon how many/much "stamps" ie national insurance one has paid, but I don't really know (I flippin hope so though, as my private teachers pension is only £268 per month, barely enough to keep me in Jack Daniels).

There is a website - I bet someone on here will know what it is.

Andy
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

It used to be about 45 years of stamps, but it is changing to 30 years of stamps, just after I retire, ruddy typical.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice

You can get a forecast of what your pension is likely to be from HMRC

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/osc.htm

If you haven't paid enough NI contributions you can opt to pay them voluntarily to increase your state pension, but I would imagine that if you have a services pension you won't need to do this.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:04 pm
Senior

donpedro1939 is an unknown quantity at this point

I/m 69 live in OZ on retirement Visa and get both a Military and the UK State Pension. Only problem is that the UK State Pension then remains static i.e. you do not get the annual increment unless you holiday or visit a country that allows you receive the increments ... but you must inform the pensions office before you go. The Military pension remains the same i.e. the increments continue wherever you are.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 1:07 pm
Banned

stanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud ofstanage2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by donpedro1939
I/m 69 live in OZ on retirement Visa and get both a Military and the UK State Pension. Only problem is that the UK State Pension then remains static i.e. you do not get the annual increment unless you holiday or visit a country that allows you receive the increments ... but you must inform the pensions office before you go. The Military pension remains the same i.e. the increments continue wherever you are.

Welcome to this forum, and thank you for that clear answer.