Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Smile of the day!

Smile of the day!

Old Nov 26th 2022, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smile of the day!

I've been seeing too many rabbits in our garden recently. Normally that wouldn't bother me but each morning for the last few weeks evidence of their droppings have increased - especially on the front graveled drive up to the front door. It's just as if someone after a trip to the supermarket has dropped and split open several bags of currants. Plus they've dug holes on the drive-way. Rather than shoot the rabbits I prefer to catch them humanely and then release in a nearby wood.

So I set a trap. Results after 10 days are one hedgehog (which I released from the cage) and this morning a little critter which resembles a large field-mouse. Perhaps someone can confirm if the photo that follows is in fact of a mulot; photos I’ve seen on-line appear to show mulots with a darker brown coat and without a white fur ‘mask’.

So planning to release it humanely, I picked up the cage and put in the rear seat of the car. Mme TPipe had been watching this and when I closed the rear door, she said, "Aren't you going to put the seat belt on it?"
I'd realised she'd meant the cage, but after almost choking with laughter I quipped, "I tried but it kept slipping off him!". She thought I was being serious and said, "Not the field-mouse, the cage!" (She's French you know, and unfortunately not improving with age like an excellent French Bordeaux).........