Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Short term accommodation (Tours)

Short term accommodation (Tours)

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

literaturestudent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term accommodation (Tours)

Hello everyone!

I'm new to these forums, so I'm not quite sure if this is the right place. Anyway, I'm studying modern languages at university and am currently on my year abroad. I need to move to Tours midway through next February to complete a work placement which lasts for roughly two months, therefore I need to find accommodation for quite a short period of time.

I'm not really sure where to look, I've heard about foyers but googling it in connection with Tours only gives me a few results which aren't really clear about how long you can stay/how much it costs/how to make a reservation. It was recommended that I apply for university accommodation, but from the website I can't see who to contact, and holiday apartments are way to expensive for my budget. So does anyone here have any advice or tips about finding accommodation in this situation?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 4th 2014, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accommodation (Tours)

Originally Posted by literaturestudent
Hello everyone!

I'm new to these forums, so I'm not quite sure if this is the right place. Anyway, I'm studying modern languages at university and am currently on my year abroad. I need to move to Tours midway through next February to complete a work placement which lasts for roughly two months, therefore I need to find accommodation for quite a short period of time.

I'm not really sure where to look, I've heard about foyers but googling it in connection with Tours only gives me a few results which aren't really clear about how long you can stay/how much it costs/how to make a reservation. It was recommended that I apply for university accommodation, but from the website I can't see who to contact, and holiday apartments are way to expensive for my budget. So does anyone here have any advice or tips about finding accommodation in this situation?

Many thanks!
Hello and welcome to the Forum.
Have a look at this website:
Accueil du site du CROUS d'Orléans-Tours
You would probably be best to try to visit Tours beforehand and deal with this in person. This would let you see what accommodation is like.
Some of the student accommodation is being refurbished at the moment but I expect it is in high demand for full-time students.
You may be better to consider flat sharing because you would need to provide guarantors for renting accommodation.
In France, a lot of accommodation is unfurnished and you often see students in Ikea with their parents choosing furniture.
Others will come along with advice on flat sharing.
Good luck
Old Oct 4th 2014, 9:23 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accommodation (Tours)

Originally Posted by cyrian
Others will come along with advice on flat sharing.
Good luck
Hi, I imagine that all the CROUS accommodation was snapped up in July for this Uni year!
For flat-sharing, google "colocation Tours". My daughters did a lot of this in the past, but the spare rooms are always unfurnished and they had to provide their own furniture. (And in fact we had to stand as Guarantors each time, as their names were always included in the lease...)
You could consider renting a gîte for the duration (off-season prices)?
Good luck!