Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Shootings in Toulouse

Shootings in Toulouse

Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:05 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shootings in Toulouse

Sad News, For anyone that hasn't heard three kids and a rabbi were shot by a unknown gunman on a bike in Toulouse today.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...4-1390273.html

The gun is linked to the earlier shootings last week of the paratroopers in Montauban.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 19th 2012 at 8:15 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Michie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shootings in Toulouse

It's a sad world we live in these days.....I feel for all of the famillies, the midi-pyrenee's are now on red alert, my children's carnival was cancelled today because of this.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Sad News, For anyone that hasn't heard three kids and a rabbi were shot by a unknown gunman on a bike in Toulouse today.

The gun is linked to the earlier shootings last week of the paratroopers in Montauban.
Everyones worst nightmare - no matter where it happens.
You say goodbye to your kids in the morning and then something like this happens.
An event like this effects so many people - friends; family and neighbours.
It is the same for the belgian ski party where all those 12 year olds died.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed!
I was slightly startled though to have my friend's young boy (7) ask me if the police would catch the nasty man soon as he has killed children and they couldnt play outside as the police might need to shoot at the bad man and they might get caught in the crossfire!!!
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:03 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

First, thank you KO for posting this. It's a bit like the elephant in the room. Do we not want to recognise what we are seeing, experiencing? In this case, I feel, for me, guilt about posting. But, there is a part that wants to join the posters, I am emotionally aware of those who are way south of me and I respect dennerlymum for posting her feelings.
Other of my posts posts will share I have been in Paris with my beautiful OH. A weekend break. Rugby. St P's day and Guinness. Simple life. Passion. Positive. In balance.
Toulouse I was aware of with no detail. Today, I found the detail. Children executed. Can't get my head round that. For those whose family members were victims of this, I have no words. How do we offer condolence? Can we? I know Paris has sent its terror experts down to back up the boosted local police, the mind games people are working on it. Let us hope that the person who did this is caught before we need to share more condolence.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 10:20 pm

We had spent the weekend in Toulouse and were shocked to come home to this news, I had picked up the Depeche a couple of times in the week and misiterpreted what was going on.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:57 am

Main Suspect is now involved in a siege with police in Toulouse he is claiming to be a member of al-Qaeda his brother has been arrested as well. Indications lead to police hunting for another suspect that has aided him.

First soldier was killed to gain the Moto, Suspect had sent him an email arranging a meet to buy it.

This goes to show that sleepy old France is not so sleepy after all and there are folks being radicalised here as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17446999
Old Mar 21st 2012, 12:03 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Main Suspect is now involved in a siege with police in Toulouse he is claiming to be a member of al-Qaeda his brother has been arrested as well. Indications lead to police hunting for another suspect that has aided him.

First soldier was killed to gain the Moto, Suspect had sent him an email arranging a meet to buy it.

This goes to show that sleepy old France is not so sleepy after all and there are folks being radicalised here as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17446999
I have never doubted radical extremists were in France, primarily in the cities where they can remain largely unseen. Many of us and I include myself, are shielded through ignorance and language. However, extremeism in France is not confined to al-Q.
If the RAID team has the right guy - and the signs as you say KO seem positive - there will be only one outcome. So, who will console his mother?
Old Mar 24th 2012, 2:38 pm
montjoie St denis

laertes953 is an unknown quantity at this point

How can you imagine that this event has nothing to do with the presidential campaign....... Our little monarch in the Elysee palace will do EVERTHING to be reelected !!!! But he will not succeed !!
Old Mar 24th 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laertes953
How can you imagine that this event has nothing to do with the presidential campaign....... Our little monarch in the Elysee palace will do EVERTHING to be reelected !!!! But he will not succeed !!
Some proof of this alleged conspiracy please?
I believe it was your fellow compatriot Coluche who stated, "Quand un mec sur une information il en connaît pas plus que ça, il n'a qu'à fermer sa gueule!"
Old Mar 24th 2012, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by laertes953
In the same token you could say it could help the far right, It's caused a fair old poop storm around here as the police are getting some undue crap for not taking him alive. That and the F1 has finally caused me to install French TV which is a good thing.

To be honest presidential campaign or not a soldier does not deserve to be executed on his own soil and those children did not choose their religious path and killing them for a nations actions is plain F'ed Up.

Please feel free to supply a link to some evidence of your claims, And some evidence of why another candidate would be better. I will start a thread for the Election related stuff RIGHT HERE
Old Mar 24th 2012, 6:24 pm
montjoie St denis

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I believe it was your fellow compatriot Coluche who stated, "Quand un mec sur une information il en connaît pas plus que ça, il n'a qu'à fermer sa gueule!"
You are very naive my friends................!!! remember 9/11 th and the weapons of mass destruction.....During five years they were no terrorism in France and all of a sudden..........you know what...........six dead !!! Coincidence ? bullshit !!! when something like that happens at the right time ..you just have to recall History....the naïve and the ignorant journalists call it ..conspiracy ..well I could, like Naomi Klein, call it a shock to feed fear....and votes for our little monarch
Old Mar 24th 2012, 6:28 pm
montjoie St denis

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
And you must be very naïve to even imagine that there will be evidence disclosed to the public...... The authors of this manipulation prefer to have public believing it their way...and whoever thinks otherwise is a...conspirationnist............... Sheep!!
I was sure that Mehrah would die............Like Kelkal some years ago....... it is so easy to make people believe that they made a mistake..they always make mistakes in these very cases ! And the funny thing is that they said "we want to takee him alive!!!" only children believe in these tales !!!

Last edited by laertes953; Mar 24th 2012 at 6:34 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

jonkemp is on a distinguished road

Laertes953, I can only assume you are trying to make mischief.
Mehrah died because he wanted to. He had plenty of chances to give himself up but chose not to.
Yes, Sarko might do well out of it, as may Le Pen, but that is no reason to suggest that either had anything to do with it.
Old Mar 24th 2012, 8:24 pm
montjoie St denis

Originally Posted by jonkemp
Laertes953, I can only assume you are trying to make mischief.
Mehrah died because he wanted to. He had plenty of chances to give himself up but chose not to.
Yes, Sarko might do well out of it, as may Le Pen, but that is no reason to suggest that either had anything to do with it.
Yes and did you ever wandered why ?.................remember..police chiefs said They would do EVERyTHING to take him alive !! What do you know about secret conversations ? nothing...neither do I ! but that doest'nt mean that they were'nt .......................... Such a coincidence repeated in history is in fact not a coincidence !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.