Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Setting up/moving my business in France

Setting up/moving my business in France

Old Jun 27th 2016, 8:03 am
Just Joined

GeraldineEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Setting up/moving my business in France

Thank you for that, it's all really helpful, oh and i'm both(french mum, english/british dad) so got dual nationality
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeraldineEC
Thank you for that, it's all really helpful, oh and i'm both(french mum, english/british dad) so got dual nationality
Sorry to learn that both have passed away.
The fact of being dual nationality is one "problem" less to consider.
Where in the South were you thinking of settling? Members will be able to give local advice as to the feasibility of setting up your business. For a start, you would struggle in north Hérault... Deciding on which location seems primordial.
Take a look at the "Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs" above, in the "Starting a Business" thread, to give you an idea of which type of business structure would suit you best. A Micro-Entreprise (aka Auto-Entrepreneur) sounds good
Portail officiel des auto-entrepreneurs
Old Jun 27th 2016, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

GeraldineEC is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really good thank you.
I'm thinking it will be around March 17 at the moment.
I would like it to be in the 06 as that's where we were when I was little so have good memories.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:06 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

That's really good thank you.
I'm thinking it will be around March 17 at the moment.
I would like it to be in the 06 as that's where we were when I was little so have good memories.
You could probably do quite well in that area it certainly would hurt to have say Clarins beauty therapy diploma as well and Phytomer who offer training in Saint Malo, It is an industry that does tend to appeal from a consumer level to folk with a bit more cash.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway all I wanted was info on NVQ's and their validity in France and how to set up a business over there
Which is why I gave you a direct link regarding qualifications (post #3).
Old Jul 1st 2016, 3:57 am
Banned

OldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really niceOldPro is just really nice

Originally Posted by Shirtback
That's a hard (& perhaps rather unnecessary) call to make.

I have family members who are British citizens, but English is their second language...
There are also lots of Brits of many generations standing who have a very poor command of the English language.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OldPro
There are also lots of Brits of many generations standing who have a very poor command of the English language.
Agreed. And how many times have we heard or even read here, "I could of told you".....etc. Instead of the correct I could have or I could've told you.

Whilst in the FNAC I flicked through a French 'how to' SMS handbook. Mindboggling! It doesn't fare well for the next generation of spellers. And I'm sure there are similar handbooks in most popular languages.
Our kids - educated in France, during holiday periods, travelling etc, were encouraged to perfect their English grammar with 'First Aid in English.' I still have and cherish those paperbacks, and I see they are still in print. Marvellous little books.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 11:16 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OldPro
Everyone is born with different intellect not to mention the social constraints/barriers they may have whilst going through the education system and other influencing factors through life.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 12:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please note: OldPro has previous troll form & has now left the building
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 3:49 pm
Quien no sabe

Originally Posted by BEVS
Please note: OldPro has previous troll form & has now left the building
;-)
Old Aug 16th 2016, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Countryreverie is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently set up my business in France . I am a furniture maker and I have no idea of the exact equivalences of British and French qualifications in the therapy fields. What I can say is that I was offered two options to establish my experience and ability. One was to have my C and G certificates translated by professional services ( at a cost of course ) or obtain a letter from HMRC stating i have been in business for at least 3 years. I opted for that letter and HMRC were very fothcoming .Unfortunately they sent it to England to my previous address instead of the french one i had specifically asked for and I then was held up for six weeks and didn't get registered before the referendum, which had been my plan . Hopefully this lapse won't come back to haunt me ! Good luck.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Bit late to this thread, however:
As cross recognition of qualifications is part of the free movement basic principles of the EU and an absolute red line for most other member states and Brexiteers specifically state that removal of free movement rules - even to get access to the free market - is non-negotiable then it is very unlikely that certificates and qualifications from GB are going to get official recognition.
Interesting times ahead. I suspect that French bureaucracy will delay any decision for Brits under current EU rules (for whatever) as long as they feasibly can to see what happens after Brexit (and to put as much pressure on Brexit negotiators as possible). So Brexit will have a big influence even for dual nationalities.
Incidentally do you actually have dual nationality i.e. 2 passports, or just claim them because of your birthrights? If the latter then now is the time to get it sorted.
Interesting times ahead.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Incidentally do you actually have dual nationality i.e. 2 passports, or just claim them because of your birthrights? If the latter then now is the time to get it sorted.
Interesting times ahead.
One can have dual (or more) nationality(s)/citizenship(s) without holding passports from each (or all) country(ies).

Just as an example, a French consular official once quoted French law/policy at me saying a passport is neither a proof of identity nor citizenship; it's a "travel document".

She was being pedantic, as am I .