Self build

Old Dec 29th 2006, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

teeoffchris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self build

Hi all

My wife & I are considering a move to France in order to escape the rat race of England living!!

Can anyone recommend a website where we can look for land for sale preferable with planning permission. Also any area you can recommend? We are looking for a very rural location in land would be fine as we are not that interested in living near the sea.

Many thanks in advanced

Chris&Tracey
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Self build

Come on people someone must have some contacts for land or run down property !

Cheers
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeoffchris
Come on people someone must have some contacts for land or run down property !

Cheers
Hi there
I mentioned it in another thread, but one of the best places we found to look for property is on www.notaires.fr
The website is also in English. They will have details of land for sale, old barns etc. You just have to choose your area, fill in details of price etc
Very easy to use website.
Local estate agents will also have details of land for sale, so you could try looking on the web for those too.
I know where we are in Normandy (Manche 50) there is quite a bit of land for sale. We have the best of both worlds here, 5 mins from Utah Beach but in the middle of beautiful countryside. Although we didn't have a choice when we moved to France (my husband was offered a job here) we love living here and wouldn't look at any other area.
Hope this helps
Val
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks Val I will have a look round the web site tonight
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

susiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the rough

we actually have a piece of land that we are putting on the market soon (not gooten around to it yet). it has planning permission for a single property. its got caves everywhere vine yards at the bottom of the garden (working once that are stunning). area in unspoilt and very rustic. its in area 86.

i'm further south than the land (hense for sale) and its beautifulk here also. it really depends on what you want, once you decide on an area there are masses of sites to look at (in french and english).

susi
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Susi

Thanks please feel free to send me details of the land you have for sale maybe we can save on estate agents fees.

Where abouts are you and where is the land ? please send details of the planning concent it has.

Many thanks

Chris & Tracey
Old Feb 6th 2007, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Philouis is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Self build

Hi Chris,
Have sent you a private message.Check email!
Phil
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Uriah is an unknown quantity at this point

You might also try http://www.jbfrenchhouses.co.uk/, plenty to look at there.
Bear in mind that you might have to add 10-20% to the price for the agents commission and notaires fees. You have to have a notaire. If you are going to renovate bank on spending the same as the cost price for the work.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Gr8 Thanks Uriah ill have a search through here it looks good!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

susiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the roughsusiq is a jewel in the rough

hiya

i gor back on here yesterday for the first time since posting to your messgae, sorry. i have sent you a pm with the basics on the site. anything else you want to know i have left you with my e mail address so just ask, i'll do my best to answer anything. if you decided where you'd like to look i'll happily have a look out for som ewebsites for you though as there are plenty of 'good' agents. just be careful buying through english agents as they do charge more to us brits coz they know that most of us don't know enough french etc to go to an agent. its worth hiring a translaor to help as the price differences are huge.

susi