Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Schools in the gers 32

Schools in the gers 32

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

ariati is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools in the gers 32

We are relocating with our child who is 12 years with only basic french and I am interested in any information whatsoever on schools near to plaisance de gers and your experiences of them good or bad .The schools I have seen on the internet are college vert at aignan which I am particulary interested in ,college Pasteur at Plaisance and I remember somebody mentioning one at Riscle. Can anybody recommend any others ?Am I right in thinking that there are no international schools around that area ?
Please let me know any info you have of your children at these schools ....thanks
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in the gers 32

try posting on anglo info or gers speaking community on facebook - there arent many members on this site that would be able to help
Old Jan 4th 2014, 12:22 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ariati
We are relocating with our child who is 12 years with only basic french and I am interested in any information whatsoever on schools near to plaisance de gers and your experiences of them good or bad .The schools I have seen on the internet are college vert at aignan which I am particulary interested in ,college Pasteur at Plaisance and I remember somebody mentioning one at Riscle. Can anybody recommend any others ?Am I right in thinking that there are no international schools around that area ?
Please let me know any info you have of your children at these schools ....thanks
Hi, can't help with your request, but be aware that a foreign 12-year-old "with only basic French" will find it very difficult to find his feet in 6ème (first year Collège). Not just following the normal subjects in French, but coping with the French methods of doing maths and with the French grammatical terms that all French kids learn in Primaire. They'll be studying literature and grammatical analysis and your son would be in at the deep end. He might even find English lessons a problem if he doesn't know the French grammatical terms which the Prof uses to explain English grammar...
I'm not trying to put you off, just making you aware of future problems that you'll have to face. He could catch up with his classmates if you find a French Primary teacher, for example, to tutor him privately.
Fore-warned is fore-armed!
Old Jan 9th 2014, 7:21 am
FSH
Just Joined

FSH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

we enrolled our 2 children ( girl 11 and son 13 at the time) this summer at the Oratoire in Auch. Costs a bit extra but worth it we think. Our children were in a french immersion program in Canada but they were definitely not fluent. We had so far a very good experience and the school also scheduled an aide-teacher who helps them in different subjects,mainly french, while the other children have english class.
Their grades are right now about class average. By mistake our children got enrolled one class too high but the school said they want to leave them in that grade ..... so I wouldn't worry too much especially since your child is 2 years away from the brevet.
The one thing I would worry is the school itself. Before we moved a lot of foreigners recommended the Oratoire to us and told us to be wary of public schools.
We have french friends near Vic Fezensac and they had their daughter at the school in Vic Fezensac and took her now to Condom because they feel the same way. Our friends don't have a lot of money and are from political views more left leaning...but they say, no public school we rather pay a bit extra and have the teacher care about things.
I can not say anything about schools in the plaisance area. Auch would likely be too far away and Condom too. I know a british lady who worked at Eauze and knows the area for a long time ....will ask her.
Old Jan 12th 2014, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

ariati is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for your reply I would much appreciate if you asked your friend in eauze as I am seeming to draw a bit of a blank on schools near us and as you say auch is too far away and I am not aware of any private schools in or around plaisance de gers