Reload this Page >

Schools in or around St. Junien

Schools in or around St. Junien

Old Nov 11th 2013, 6:18 am
tij
Just Joined

tij is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools in or around St. Junien

Hi, my family and I are moving to the Haute Vienne in April next year, we are looking for a school for our 10 year old son. Can anyone recommend a good school in the area, we need to get it right for him as this move will be quite daunting for him.
Thanks
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:57 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools in or around St. Junien

Originally Posted by tij
Hi, my family and I are moving to the Haute Vienne in April next year, we are looking for a school for our 10 year old son. Can anyone recommend a good school in the area, we need to get it right for him as this move will be quite daunting for him.
Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Your son should first go to Primaire to give him extra time to get used to the French Education System (and learn French Grammar and the French way of doing Maths!) before going up to Collège. Starting straight away in Collège would not be a good idea, he would be completely lost....
For Primary, you first enrol at the Mairie and, if there are several in the town, the Mairie allocates you the nearest one to your domicile. Don't forget to bring his Birth certificate and Vaccination Certificates, and you have to show proof of domicile (Property Deed, rental contract, Utility bill, ....)
This is assuming you are intending to live in France for a long time. If it's a temporary move, it may be better to find an International School. There again, I don't know whether there is one near enough to St Junien to avoid boarding....
Good luck!
Old Nov 11th 2013, 10:22 am
tij
Just Joined

tij is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools in or around St. Junien

Many thanks for this information, it is very useful. Our aim is to make the move permanent, I will follow your advice, once again thank you.