Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Saintes to Angouleme

Saintes to Angouleme

Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saintes to Angouleme

Is there a bus or train service Sundays?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:08 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saintes to Angouleme

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Is there a bus or train service Sundays?
Google is your friend.
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/
For the bus, google "transports publics Charente". There's a reasonable Sunday bus service in my Département and I imagine the same applies to the Charente.
Hope this helps!
P.S. just googled the above but only "Charente Maritime" came up which isn't the same Département.
So, enquire on the spot or take the train!

Last edited by dmu; Aug 15th 2012 at 9:13 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Google is your friend.
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/
For the bus, google "transports publics Charente". There's a reasonable Sunday bus service in my Département and I imagine the same applies to the Charente.
Hope this helps!
P.S. just googled the above but only "Charente Maritime" came up which isn't the same Département.
So, enquire on the spot or take the train!
Tried Googling the same link and as you say no results for Saintes.Wiki says there is a train line.sadly no timetable but when I lived in the Haute Vienne I remember there was no Sunday service on the La Dorat- Poitiers route
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Tried Googling the same link and as you say no results for Saintes.Wiki says there is a train line.sadly no timetable but when I lived in the Haute Vienne I remember there was no Sunday service on the La Dorat- Poitiers route
Hi, the "voyages-sncf" link works! You enter Saintes and Angoulême and the date and approx time (I entered 26th August from 10 a.m.), and you'll find several trains spaced out during the day...
Did you try "transports publics Saintes" for the bus service? At least that would eliminate the -Maritime part....
Bon voyage, anyway!
Aren't there any locals around, to help?
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, the "voyages-sncf" link works! You enter Saintes and Angoulême and the date and approx time (I entered 26th August from 10 a.m.), and you'll find several trains spaced out during the day...
Did you try "transports publics Saintes" for the bus service? At least that would eliminate the -Maritime part....
Bon voyage, anyway!
Aren't there any locals around, to help?
Thanks it finally worked for me.it should just connect with my bus from Valencia
Wow. French trains are expensive.The same distance here in Spain half the price