Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Old Aug 11th 2011, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Rugby World Cup 2011

Hi Everyone,

If you would to participate in the Rugby World Cup 2011 Poll, please feel free to visit us at:

The Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread
Old Sep 15th 2011, 4:14 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

Just picked this link up

http://rugby.europcar.ie/

Active weblink, so hover over dates, ground etc.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:55 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Can I change my vote?
Old Oct 1st 2011, 9:41 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
Can I change my vote?
Not sure what your vote was dmu, but what a battle we have just witnessed. I walked away in the first half, made phone calls, didn't want to watch England and Jonny again missed decent chances with the boot; Scotland were awesome though.

Now the game against France. I'll support France but not when they are playing England. And, given their dire game at present, England ought to do it and the time is right for Jonny to help get the win and the semis.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 9:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
Not sure what your vote was dmu, but what a battle we have just witnessed.:
I voted FRANCE
I didn't see either match (forgot to put the alarm on for the first one, and just as well...)
Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
I voted FRANCE
I didn't see either match (forgot to put the alarm on for the first one, and just as well...)
Was a close game. England pipped it in the end.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cjm
I'll support France but not when they are playing England.
Hi, I've lived too long in France not to support ze French at all times, but I won't commit hara-kiri if England wins next week!
Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Was a close game. England pipped it in the end.
Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, I've lived too long in France not to support ze French at all times, but I won't commit hara-kiri if England wins next week!
The winners are

Spoiler:
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Is that their version of "Singing in the rain"??
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:19 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Well, what a turnup this morning, If Hook and Halfpenny had converted their opportunities and Wales had held fast on defence, they would be in the final (facing I believe NZ).
Loss of Jones and the Captain were crucial.
Anyay, the point of this post is, even though I can't get along with the Welsh (London born and England supporter and wordked there and they do not like the English), I found myself, despite my earlier posts, nervously rooting for Wales. Why? Cos they were the underdog? Don't know. France were solid and lacked energy. Parra kicked their nine points, but I feel if they face NZ they will be the runners-up.
What odd feelings from a passionate England supporter. Any psycho-analysts out there?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:29 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cjm
Well, what a turnup this morning, If Hook and Halfpenny had converted their opportunities and Wales had held fast on defence, they would be in the final (facing I believe NZ).
Loss of Jones and the Captain were crucial.
Anyay, the point of this post is, even though I can't get along with the Welsh (London born and England supporter and wordked there and they do not like the English), I found myself, despite my earlier posts, nervously rooting for Wales. Why? Cos they were the underdog? Don't know. France were solid and lacked energy. Parra kicked their nine points, but I feel if they face NZ they will be the runners-up.
What odd feelings from a passionate England supporter. Any psycho-analysts out there?
Wales should have won, but I'm quite happy that les Bleus are in the Final! (I don't think they'll beat whoever wins tomorrow, though)....
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I voted France - do I get a consolation prize?
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 9:53 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

So, so close. Bar was full. France's response to the Haka was applauded. France took the game to NZ from the off. I had a problem with this final. I always said I would support France, but not against England. But, my younger daughter is married to a Kiwi and a rugby referee to boot. But, perhaps because France were written off, I found myself rooting for them. I'm sure my son-in-law would forgive me and share a beer.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dmu
I voted France - do I get a consolation prize?
Maybe next time.

Well done New Zealand.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Peabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud ofPeabrain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cjm
So, so close. Bar was full. France's response to the Haka was applauded. France took the game to NZ from the off. I had a problem with this final. I always said I would support France, but not against England. But, my younger daughter is married to a Kiwi and a rugby referee to boot. But, perhaps because France were written off, I found myself rooting for them. I'm sure my son-in-law would forgive me and share a beer.
It might be interesting to know what proportion of British people living in France were actually rooting for the French rugby team, and how many hoping against hope that they'd be beaten. How many would have passed Norman Tebbit's "cricket test"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.