Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Retired in France - medical aspects and costs

Retired in France - medical aspects and costs

Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Retired in France - medical aspects and costs

Hi ,
it appears that EU pensioners are entitled to absolutely free basic healthcare , as well as free dispensation of prescription medicines : in Spain !
What would the comparison be , for a U.K. pensioner retiring to France ;
GPs/clinics/hospitalisation/procedures/optical/dental/post-surgery rehabilitation/prescription medicaments etc...
is there individual participation in such costs , if "yes" : how much might this amount to , in various instances ?
Thanks very much in advance , for your very valued input/s !
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:00 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Retired in France - medical aspects and costs

Originally Posted by Ray51
Hi ,
it appears that EU pensioners are entitled to absolutely free basic healthcare , as well as free dispensation of prescription medicines : in Spain !
GPs/clinics/hospitalisation/procedures/optical/dental/post-surgery rehabilitation/prescription medicaments etc...
is there individual participation in such costs , if "yes" : how much might this amount to , in various instances ?
I will tell you if i can have a cut of the profit
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:14 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
I will tell you if i can have a cut of the profit

Sounds a good way to make money.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:17 pm
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Ray51;6108562]Hi ,
Thanks very much in advance , for your very valued input/s ![/QUOTE

not free
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ,
This should help explain benefits to you
http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1113059900934
Depending on the services used, you are responsible for anywhere from 25% upwards of costs, which is why it is essential to join a mutuelle, which should cover this shortfall.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Thank You , Val !
Sadly , on this account alone , Spain may appear a better retirement proposition , for most...???
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:03 pm
Banned

Thank You , Val !
Sadly , on this account alone , Spain may appear a better retirement proposition , for most...???

Not the place then.
But the Benefits
Old May 8th 2008, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Pierlek is an unknown quantity at this point

Me again
We are retired couple living in France for the past 7 years, all official formalities completed, we are now Non British residents in the UK, but permanent residents here, have the same medical facilities as the french.We do pay a complimentary of 35 or 65 %. But serious surgeries, I understand are considered as long term treatment which is paid by the Caisse Maladie de longue durée: 2 years ago, though I am avery sporty person, my GP suspected heart ddeficiency cut a long story short I was aadmittedto a small private clinic for triple bypasses and a mechanical valve which probably costs £25000-30000,I paid probably £3000 in bit & piecesrivate room,the company of my wife throughout, phone Etc.Now I get my medicents free my cardiologue see me in consutation every 6