Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Rental Property - Nontron/Riberac area

Rental Property - Nontron/Riberac area

Old Feb 27th 2014, 8:18 am
Just Joined

elasticrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental Property - Nontron/Riberac area

Hi everyone. My first post, so be gentle with me!

I have just retired and we are looking to buy a property in the Nontron/Riberac area of the Dordogne. We would like a long(ish) term rental property in the area first so that we can use it as a base to start looking. It would start around July this year and carry on as long as we need it (hopefully not too long!). We don't want to break the bank as we will be doing a bit of channel hopping during this period too. We have 1 well behaved dog to take with us. Most sites I have looked at seem to be aimed at expensive short term rentals for rich holiday makers who need a pool!. We just need a small comfortable cottage style base for house hunting. Can you help? Cheers )
Old Feb 27th 2014, 5:11 pm
jvc
BE Enthusiast

jvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rental Property - Nontron/Riberac area

Lovely area, have been on holiday there. Have you not tried googling immobilier in Nontron etc? Alot of estate agents do have properties for "Louer" as well as "vendre". Good luck, you have chosen a lovely region.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Lurcher21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elasticrock
Hi everyone. My first post, so be gentle with me!

I have just retired and we are looking to buy a property in the Nontron/Riberac area of the Dordogne. We would like a long(ish) term rental property in the area first so that we can use it as a base to start looking. It would start around July this year and carry on as long as we need it (hopefully not too long!). We don't want to break the bank as we will be doing a bit of channel hopping during this period too. We have 1 well behaved dog to take with us. Most sites I have looked at seem to be aimed at expensive short term rentals for rich holiday makers who need a pool!. We just need a small comfortable cottage style base for house hunting. Can you help? Cheers )
We rent out a cottage in the Limousin for 3 to 6 month lets, mostly out of season. Therein lies your problem - most holiday home proprietors only do short term lets, especially during your required period, beginning July, which is high season for holiday cottages. You could try Angloinfo Dordogne, which often has such lets advertised directly by the owners.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

Hi Elasticrock!
We live about 30 miles from Riberac across in the Charente. If you google The Dronne Valley Network, you will find a whole site devoted to people who live in the area of Riberac. You could post an advert on there for a rental and there are plenty of houses for sale in whole area. The main reason we didn't move there was that there were simply too many Brit expats there!
Good luck
Blackie