Radio France

Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:13 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Radio France

I've been trying to listen to French Radio and finding it quite challenging to negotiate my way through the waves. Just wondering if any of you listen to French Radio and/or what people think of it? I think of myself as part of a radio nation: is true of the British?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Radio France

Originally Posted by treskillard
I've been trying to listen to French Radio and finding it quite challenging to negotiate my way through the waves. Just wondering if any of you listen to French Radio and/or what people think of it? I think of myself as part of a radio nation: is true of the British?
Can recommend Radion Manche and Nostaligie if that's any help
Have you seen this list of french radio stations?
http://www.listenlive.eu/france.html
Have the radio on all day, can pick up Radio 4 on longwave - unless there's a cricket match on:curse:
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:28 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
Can recommend Radion Manche and Nostaligie if that's any help
Have you seen this list of french radio stations?
http://www.listenlive.eu/france.html
Have the radio on all day, can pick up Radio 4 on longwave - unless there's a cricket match on:curse:
Thanks Val. I can't get Radio Manche down here. Is it a local station? Does it carry any news flashes in English by the way?

I was wondering more generally what people thought of the Radio here? For example, I found it odd the way that France Inter (a bit of a Radio 4) plays tunes every now and again to - liven things up? It came across to me as out of place on a serious radio pro gramme! Shows how programmed I have been by British Radio.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Thanks Val. I can't get Radio Manche down here. Is it a local station? Does it carry any news flashes in English by the way?

I was wondering more generally what people thought of the Radio here? For example, I found it odd the way that France Inter (a bit of a Radio 4) plays tunes every now and again to - liven things up? It came across to me as out of place on a serious radio pro gramme! Shows how programmed I have been by British Radio.
Yes, Radio Manche is local. Has a bit of everything, local affairs, music.
Easy to listen to and follow though, and good for following local issues.
Afraid we are spoilt by being able to pick up Radio 4 so have that blaring out of the radio most of the day. In certain spots I can even pick up Radio 2 in the car!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Well up here near Lille, England is less than 100 miles away (I'll do a mappy check later), and I can get Radio 4 and 5 easily, and even BBC Radio Kent on a good day.
This is really useful in the car, though at work I've constantly got my Internet connection running in the background hooked up to the BBC Radio website so I can listen on digital DAB. Probably the best soluton nowadays.
OK, fair enough I work in an english school so I can get away with it!!!

Steven
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:06 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by sdale100
Hi,

Well up here near Lille, England is less than 100 miles away (I'll do a mappy check later), and I can get Radio 4 and 5 easily, and even BBC Radio Kent on a good day.
This is really useful in the car, though at work I've constantly got my Internet connection running in the background hooked up to the BBC Radio website so I can listen on digital DAB. Probably the best soluton nowadays.
OK, fair enough I work in an english school so I can get away with it!!!

Steven
Now if you'd listened to France Inter you might have known better how to avoid those traffic jams this morning
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Nice thought. Fortunately up here we've got a great radio called ROC FM, and they update the traffic situation between nearly each song during rush hour.

BTW, I did a Mappy check and Dover is 69 miles from here by the roads, so as the crow flies....

Steven