Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Quick lateral flow test for Covid in France for use returning to England

Quick lateral flow test for Covid in France for use returning to England

Old Mar 25th 2021, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick lateral flow test for Covid in France for use returning to England

Hi all,

I'm in France and returning to UK over the weekend by ferry. I need to get a lateral flow Covid test - does anyone know of a provider that can take the right type of test AND get the result back in the region near to the ferry ports (I have a car so can travel)? I'm going to visit a few pharmacies today to see but they're often not open over the weekend. A bit stressful!
Old Mar 25th 2021, 1:22 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick lateral flow test for Covid in France for use returning to England

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
Hi all,

I'm in France and returning to UK over the weekend by ferry. I need to get a lateral flow Covid test - does anyone know of a provider that can take the right type of test AND get the result back in the region near to the ferry ports (I have a car so can travel)? I'm going to visit a few pharmacies today to see but they're often not open over the weekend. A bit stressful!
I had to check what a lateral flow Covid test was, and THINK it corresponds to the "test antigénique" that you can have done in any Pharmacie. No idea whether you have to book a test. Ask in your local Pharmacie what the procedure is...
A point to be taken into account - unless you're leaving from Ouistreham or a Brittany port, you're likely to be subjected to a Gendarme check in the départements presently under "confinement aéré" (including Le Havre, Calais, Boulogne, Dunkerque) and you must carry an Attestation, one for each occupant of the car. Not forgetting the nationwide curfew between 19h00 and 06h00 for which you'll need another Attestation if you're out-of-doors during those hours.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...de-deplacement
Tick Motif #8 or #11 on the daytime Attestation de déplacement, depending on whether you're actually moving back to the UK, and
Motif #3 on the Attestation Couvre-feu, since there are no other dérogations which correspond. After all, the Attestations are intended for the locals, not for people travelling through the Red Zones... Even in a UK-registered car and heading for a Channel port, you'd have fines without Attestations....
HTH
Old Mar 25th 2021, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Quick lateral flow test for Covid in France for use returning to England

Thanks for this! I'll definitely keep my attestation up to date (not been stopped yet, although I am outside the curfew area).

The test I need is actually an RT-PCR test. I'll go and ask in the pharmacy to see what they suggest!
Old Mar 25th 2021, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Hi FriendlyExpat, I think you'll find the curfew covers the whole of France I'm afraid, but I'm guessing you meant red zone which have more confinement measures?
Old Mar 26th 2021, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, sorry I meant lockdown, not curfew

I have secured the test - cost was about 60 euros, and I got it done on a walk-in basis with the result due within 24 hours. I went to a laboratoire, not a pharmacy. Quite unpleasant feeling with a long thread being poked a loooooooong way up both nostrils!