Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

PUBLIC TRANSPORT STRIKE TODAY

PUBLIC TRANSPORT STRIKE TODAY

Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:35 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PUBLIC TRANSPORT STRIKE TODAY

Mcany and Sdale Heavy irony

Well as you know the situation in France today has echoes of the Thatcher period and that is an uncomfortable parallel for some people at least. I read Sarkozy hopes to attract back home the (250,000?) French who have moved to the UK as they are the ones who want to work as opposed to those stuck in the functionnaire culture? There is so much negative press (from the British) viz a viz how awful Britain is - when this report came out there was in some quarters a sigh of relief that at least someone likes it there!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Mcany and Sdale Heavy irony

Well as you know the situation in France today has echoes of the Thatcher period and that is an uncomfortable parallel for some people at least. I read Sarkozy hopes to attract back home the (250,000?) French who have moved to the UK as they are the ones who want to work as opposed to those stuck in the functionnaire culture? There is so much negative press (from the British) viz a viz how awful Britain is - when this report came out there was in some quarters a sigh of relief that at least someone likes it there!
Read an article yesterday though that said Sarkozy's hero was Tony Blair
Apparently he has sent delegations over to UK to see how they do things there, especially regarding unemployment. On the radio last night they were talking to people in Paris caught up in the strike. Most of the French interviewed thought it was nonsense train drivers can retire at 50 on full pension, and it has to stop.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:15 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard;

Well as you know the situation in France today has echoes of the Thatcher period .....
Oh, shit: What have I done?

<note sig>
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

sdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud ofsdale100 has much to be proud of

Set up a picket line QUICK!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Oct 19th 2007, 4:41 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdale100
Set up a picket line QUICK!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:07 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

<note sig>
I don't know.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

<note sig>
They are just trying to scare all the other British expats from moving to France
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:30 pm
down under where

<note sig>
I saw a post from you just now which was signed "I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more" and now it has disappeared. What is going on? You got a job again?
Old Oct 21st 2007, 2:50 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
I saw a post from you just now which was signed "I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more" and now it has disappeared. What is going on? You got a job again?
AFAIK my sig has remained constant and true for the 30 years since I abandoned Maggie's Farm.

Unsurprisingly, I do have a job. Which I thoroughly enjoy, but one I would like to quit as soon as practical, so as to join you in la belle France.

Malheureusement, ca ne serait pas demain.