Reload this Page >

Property Values and Mortgages

Property Values and Mortgages

Old Jul 31st 2015, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Vertedee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property Values and Mortgages

Hello

Thanks to everyone who has helped with advice so far, you've all been great.

Just had the offer accepted on our house. It was a rock bottom price to start with and we managed to get another 10% off, so very happy.

Going through the whole mortgage thing and have our 15% deposit and notaire fees up front plus a few grand left over so we feel pretty much set to go. However! Just been told by an adviser at the bank that we need somewhere in the region of 6 months salary as savings excluding deposit and notaire fees for a successful application.

Can anyone out there shed light on this?

6 months savings on my BH's salary would equal the amount of our mortgage. Unfortunately my mathematically challenged mind didn't pick up on this when I was speaking with said bank adviser or I would have challenged it before she skipped off for the weekend.

Has anyone else had the same issue or just had an application successfully granted. I'd love to hear your stories, especially if they can help shed light on my situation. 6 months salary!

My other question is in regard to valuations. I think a very helpful person on this site once posted a link to a website which allowed you to see the average values of properties in your commune. It might have been the same one with the colours, red for good dark green for bad.

Am I crazy, does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so and you know the site please post. Tried doing a Google search and just got a load of estate agents!

Aaaargh!
Old Jul 31st 2015, 9:55 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Values and Mortgages

I just posted it on another thread "rough estimate"

http://www.immoprix.com/ipStat.php?z...APN&orig=ongTB
just put in your commune details on the left hand side.

I don't know anything about getting a mortgage in France these days, unfortunately but I could point you in the direction of a good english speaking broker who is very good and very helpful? She's based near Toulouse and seems to be getting all the local anglo business there.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Vertedee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Property Values and Mortgages

Petitefrancaise, thanks you are an angel!

Please send me a PM with your brokers details - you never know!

Ta.