British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Prices of homes sold in France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/prices-homes-sold-france-925573/)

cyrian Jun 7th 2019 3:28 pm

Prices of homes sold in France

The French government has opened up the information about the prices paid for homes in France.
This used to be available in a restricted way and on payment of a fee through a notaire.
Now it is available to all - those who wish to value their home for sale or those who wish to make a realistic offer on a property.
Property sold prices.
Part of the problem of the slow french property market is the unrealistic asking price of the seller.
It may also be useful to buyers - especially expats - to assess a realistic offer price.

Pilou Jun 7th 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Prices of homes sold in France

Thanks for the link. Very usefull, but can you open only in excell?

Vinosity Jun 8th 2019 6:10 am

Very interesting. Thanks for the link.

Pilou Jun 8th 2019 6:14 am

I know now how to handle this website and it is perfect!!!!!

Novocastrian Jun 8th 2019 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Pilou (Post 12695133)
I know now how to handle this website and it is perfect!!!!!

Could you share how do use it? I gave up when it asked for details of the cadastre.

cyrian Jun 8th 2019 8:06 am

Use the map version.
Listed properties are highlighted and you can click on them.
It will be updated (and hopefully improved) in October

Tweedpipe Jun 8th 2019 8:07 am

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...519e7462b4.jpg

Like Novo, this has me stumped. Is it perhaps just for pc? (I'm on a Mac).
Attached above is a screenshot of what I'm presented with (with adblockers etc disabled). None of the data dropdown boxes on the left are active, although those on the top toolbar, Code source, A propos, Votre avis are active.
Also tried in another web browser - FireFox. No change.
Weird or what?

graham.miln Jun 8th 2019 10:43 am

This works for me with Safari on macOS 10.14 – with advert blocking enabled. The information available is impressive.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...548b3afa60.png
Demande de Valeur Foncière - Safari on macOS 10.14.

petitefrancaise Jun 8th 2019 3:22 pm

funnily enough, our house isn't on there and we definitely sold it within the times listed. Our neighbor who sold his at about the same time isn't on there either so I'm wondering how accurate it is.

Annetje Jun 8th 2019 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by cyrian (Post 12694856)
The French government has opened up the information about the prices paid for homes in France.
This used to be available in a restricted way and on payment of a fee through a notaire.
Now it is available to all - those who wish to value their home for sale or those who wish to make a realistic offer on a property.
Property sold prices.
Part of the problem of the slow french property market is the unrealistic asking price of the seller.
It may also be useful to buyers - especially expats - to assess a realistic offer price.

Hm, it gives the sell price but one has no idea what sort of house it is (old, new, renovation required, renovated, etc.).
It was interesting to see how much nextdoor sold for ... The other nextdoor who sold as well is not on the list though.

For me the site worked right away, with adblock plus on.

Notdunroamin Jun 9th 2019 6:02 am

Interesting but unfortunately inaccurate - at least for the house which I sold last year.

It sold for €165k (net to me) but the site claims €157k so it looks like they have assumed that €165k was a gross figure and knocked off the Notaires fees.

For those having difficulty using the site obviously you need to know either the cadastral reference or which plot on the cadastral plan to click on.

cyrian Jun 9th 2019 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Annetje (Post 12695344)
Hm, it gives the sell price but one has no idea what sort of house it is (old, new, renovation required, renovated, etc.).
It was interesting to see how much nextdoor sold for ... The other nextdoor who sold as well is not on the list though.

For me the site worked right away, with adblock plus on.

It is a government website which relies on the information supplied by the notaire.
You can however, calculate the price per sq. metre for similar houses in the area.
The variation between different houses can indicate to a potential buyer/seller what the spread of selling prices is.
Lets face it, for potential expats who do not know the french market, it could be a useful tool when they make a decision to buy.
;)

Tweedpipe Jun 9th 2019 8:28 am

Originally Posted by graham.miln (Post 12695240)
This works for me with Safari on macOS 10.14 – with advert blocking enabled. The information available is impressive.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/british...548b3afa60.png
Demande de Valeur Foncière - Safari on macOS 10.14.

Thank you Graham! Just booted into Safari on MacOS 10.13 and site loads correctly.
Must confess I never use Safari - and especially Siri - and as a long-time Mac lover/user (since 2002) am now a modern Mac hater - due to their programmed obsolescence and far too frequent OS updates, rendering many of their otherwise perfectly serviceable equipment vulnerable and technically unsupported. Imho 2012 was the sad year that the Apple started to go pear-shaped. :thumbdown:
Whoops! Apologies for going off-topic.

cyrian Jun 9th 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 12695499)
Interesting but unfortunately inaccurate - at least for the house which I sold last year.

It sold for €165k (net to me) but the site claims €157k so it looks like they have assumed that €165k was a gross figure and knocked off the Notaires fees.

For those having difficulty using the site obviously you need to know either the cadastral reference or which plot on the cadastral plan to click on.

Obviously, I do not know your circumstances but often certain items are excluded from the actual price paid to reduce the capital gain liability, if any.
If there is furniture or kitchen fittings included in the deal then this would be kept separate for tax purposes.
Traditionally, in several European countries, the kitchen was not included in the sale and was often removed by the seller to their new home.
That tends not to be the case now since fitted kitchens became common but the notaire would apportion a value for the property only.
This would be the declared figure.