Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Prices of homes sold in France

Prices of homes sold in France

Old Jun 7th 2019, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prices of homes sold in France

The French government has opened up the information about the prices paid for homes in France.
This used to be available in a restricted way and on payment of a fee through a notaire.
Now it is available to all - those who wish to value their home for sale or those who wish to make a realistic offer on a property.
Property sold prices.
Part of the problem of the slow french property market is the unrealistic asking price of the seller.
It may also be useful to buyers - especially expats - to assess a realistic offer price.

Old Jun 7th 2019, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prices of homes sold in France

Thanks for the link. Very usefull, but can you open only in excell?
Old Jun 8th 2019, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Vinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond reputeVinosity has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting. Thanks for the link.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

I know now how to handle this website and it is perfect!!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2019, 7:09 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilou View Post
I know now how to handle this website and it is perfect!!!!!
Could you share how do use it? I gave up when it asked for details of the cadastre.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Use the map version.
Listed properties are highlighted and you can click on them.
It will be updated (and hopefully improved) in October

Last edited by cyrian; Jun 8th 2019 at 8:12 am.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Like Novo, this has me stumped. Is it perhaps just for pc? (I'm on a Mac).
Attached above is a screenshot of what I'm presented with (with adblockers etc disabled). None of the data dropdown boxes on the left are active, although those on the top toolbar, Code source, A propos, Votre avis are active.
Also tried in another web browser - FireFox. No change.
Weird or what?

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jun 8th 2019 at 8:14 am.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

graham.miln is an unknown quantity at this point

This works for me with Safari on macOS 10.14 – with advert blocking enabled. The information available is impressive.

Demande de Valeur Foncière - Safari on macOS 10.14.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:22 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

funnily enough, our house isn't on there and we definitely sold it within the times listed. Our neighbor who sold his at about the same time isn't on there either so I'm wondering how accurate it is.
Old Jun 8th 2019, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian View Post
The French government has opened up the information about the prices paid for homes in France.
This used to be available in a restricted way and on payment of a fee through a notaire.
Now it is available to all - those who wish to value their home for sale or those who wish to make a realistic offer on a property.
Property sold prices.
Part of the problem of the slow french property market is the unrealistic asking price of the seller.
It may also be useful to buyers - especially expats - to assess a realistic offer price.
Hm, it gives the sell price but one has no idea what sort of house it is (old, new, renovation required, renovated, etc.).
It was interesting to see how much nextdoor sold for ... The other nextdoor who sold as well is not on the list though.

For me the site worked right away, with adblock plus on.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Notdunroamin is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting but unfortunately inaccurate - at least for the house which I sold last year.

It sold for €165k (net to me) but the site claims €157k so it looks like they have assumed that €165k was a gross figure and knocked off the Notaires fees.

For those having difficulty using the site obviously you need to know either the cadastral reference or which plot on the cadastral plan to click on.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Hm, it gives the sell price but one has no idea what sort of house it is (old, new, renovation required, renovated, etc.).
It was interesting to see how much nextdoor sold for ... The other nextdoor who sold as well is not on the list though.

For me the site worked right away, with adblock plus on.
It is a government website which relies on the information supplied by the notaire.
You can however, calculate the price per sq. metre for similar houses in the area.
The variation between different houses can indicate to a potential buyer/seller what the spread of selling prices is.
Lets face it, for potential expats who do not know the french market, it could be a useful tool when they make a decision to buy.

Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham.miln View Post
This works for me with Safari on macOS 10.14 – with advert blocking enabled. The information available is impressive.

Demande de Valeur Foncière - Safari on macOS 10.14.
Thank you Graham! Just booted into Safari on MacOS 10.13 and site loads correctly.
Must confess I never use Safari - and especially Siri - and as a long-time Mac lover/user (since 2002) am now a modern Mac hater - due to their programmed obsolescence and far too frequent OS updates, rendering many of their otherwise perfectly serviceable equipment vulnerable and technically unsupported. Imho 2012 was the sad year that the Apple started to go pear-shaped.
Whoops! Apologies for going off-topic.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jun 9th 2019 at 8:31 am.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin View Post
Interesting but unfortunately inaccurate - at least for the house which I sold last year.

It sold for €165k (net to me) but the site claims €157k so it looks like they have assumed that €165k was a gross figure and knocked off the Notaires fees.

For those having difficulty using the site obviously you need to know either the cadastral reference or which plot on the cadastral plan to click on.
Obviously, I do not know your circumstances but often certain items are excluded from the actual price paid to reduce the capital gain liability, if any.
If there is furniture or kitchen fittings included in the deal then this would be kept separate for tax purposes.
Traditionally, in several European countries, the kitchen was not included in the sale and was often removed by the seller to their new home.
That tends not to be the case now since fitted kitchens became common but the notaire would apportion a value for the property only.
This would be the declared figure.