Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Possible travel ban between France and UK starting today...

Possible travel ban between France and UK starting today...

Old Dec 22nd 2020, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible travel ban between France and UK starting today...

Originally Posted by KJMW
it's snide I don't like!
Nor me.
Definition of snide: "derogatory or mocking in an indirect way."
I don't see anything snide in this thread. I think all the mocking of Boris has been absolutely open, nothing indirect about it
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 12:57 pm
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Nor me.
Definition of snide: "derogatory or mocking in an indirect way."
I don't see anything snide in this thread. I think all the mocking of Boris has been absolutely open, nothing indirect about it
Perhaps your dictionary is incomplete but sneering in a superior attitude as well as insulting is also part of the definition. You can decide which bit applies. So easy to be snide particularly when there is no comeback!
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 1:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

OK that is enough of this nonsensical arguing please get back on topic for the sake of people who genuinely wish to have information about travel.

Rosemary
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Well according to France Info, the borders will be reopened soon to lorry drivers and French nationals and residents. Tests will be required, more details on the testing requirements to come later.
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sante/ma...r_4229471.html

And I expect Rosemary is going to tell me off but I can't resist sharing this, it make me chuckle, and anything that bring a smile to anybody's face right now has to be worth sharing IMHO
https://images.app.goo.gl/xv4tjBWCEaH5jGNw7

Old Dec 23rd 2020, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
And I expect Rosemary is going to tell me off but I can't resist sharing this, it make me chuckle, and anything that bring a smile to anybody's face right now has to be worth sharing IMHO
https://images.app.goo.gl/xv4tjBWCEaH5jGNw7
Love it!
Just forwarded it to JuniorTP who has always appeared to be pro Brexit, the *##*## traitor.........
(Not wishing to derail this thread and incur the wrath of Rosemary, I'll post a few more Boris 'Classics' over on the Bad Jokes forum).

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Dec 23rd 2020 at 8:16 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

zoys is an unknown quantity at this point

I don’t suppose my unmarried partner can visit me in France this time? She has got a visa and can organise PCR test. But is she allowed to travel even with the PCR test?
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 11:11 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoys
I don’t suppose my unmarried partner can visit me in France this time? She has got a visa and can organise PCR test. But is she allowed to travel even with the PCR test?
Is she a resident of France? Resident's of France regardless of their nationality can return with of course the Covid free test result.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

zoys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Is she a resident of France? Resident's of France regardless of their nationality can return with of course the Covid free test result.
no, she is not a resident of France, and we are not married yet due to lockdown on both sides. I just moved to France in October and establishing my residency. We were thinking of getting together over Xmas and new year for now.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...rom-the-united
The annex lists who can travel.
Looks as if it is strictly for essential travel. Not sure "thinking of getting together" would be regarded as essential, but read it and see what you think, and ask yourself if it would really be a good idea right now.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

The official French press release appears to suggest that you can travel to France if you "normally live in the EU" (therefore including Brits in the UK,until 31 December anyway) and have a negative Covid test (less than 72 hours before departure)

From: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...rom-the-united

As from midnight on 22 December only the following categories of people will be authorized to travel in France or enter from the UK:

• French people and nationals of the European area;
British or third-country nationals who either normally live in France, the European Union or the European area, or must make essential journeys as listed in the annex.
Old Dec 24th 2020, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
if you "normally live in the EU" (therefore including Brits in the UK,until 31 December anyway)
Not sure about that.
The UK left the EU on 28 February. It hasn't been an EU member state since then.
During transition it has in many cases been treated as if it were still an EU member state, because that's what was agreed in the WA, but that's not the same as actually still being an EU member state. Generally during transition, where the UK has been included in EU measures, the text has stated that it applies to "EU member states, the United Kingdom, Switzerland ...".
So I suspect Brits living in the UK are not regarded as living in the EU. Specially since the actual wording is "Exemptions authorizing entry to French territory by British or third-country nationals entering France from the UK" which kinda suggests that British and third-country nationals need to fit into one of the exemption categories in order to travel. But could be wrong, I often am.