Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Playstation 3 Slim - French/English games

Playstation 3 Slim - French/English games

Old Aug 14th 2011, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Playstation 3 Slim - French/English games

I was asked a question yesterday that I had no idea about. Namely, gaming consoles.
Are PS3 consoles the same whether purchased in France or UK, and will a French purchased unit read/play games purchased in UK, and vice versa?
I would guess the answer is yes and that on boot-up one has a menu to select desired language. But then, I know nothing......
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:10 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Playstation 3 Slim - French/English games

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I was asked a question yesterday that I had no idea about. Namely, gaming consoles.
Are PS3 consoles the same whether purchased in France or UK, and will a French purchased unit read/play games purchased in UK, and vice versa?
I would guess the answer is yes and that on boot-up one has a menu to select desired language. But then, I know nothing......
Yes, However not all games are multiple lingual. I got "Call of duty" in France to discover there was no English option on it. F1 game did though. Buying games off Amazon uk is normally cheaper mind.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Yes, However not all games are multiple lingual. I got "Call of duty" in France to discover there was no English option on it. F1 game did though. Buying games off Amazon uk is normally cheaper mind.
I think that on the UK PS3 you are able to get BBCi player as well as the Lovefilm dvd/ps3 game rental service. In France it isn't possible, although Ka ora may know a way of getting around this ?????...........
Old Aug 15th 2011, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by le plumber
I think that on the UK PS3 you are able to get BBCi player as well as the Lovefilm dvd/ps3 game rental service. In France it isn't possible, although Ka ora may know a way of getting around this ?????...........
iPlayer icon is on CECH03 PS3`s it is however only a internet link not application so if your PS3 was routed via a VPN it could access iPlayer via the browser anyway. You can get to it know but the videos wont play Im hoping with time the iPlayer overseas iPad subscription will get added to other devices.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for your replies.
I recently read that the PS3 can be used with a 27in iMac together with an AV 360 signal converter made by Belkin. Could be interesting as I've been wanting to put together a high-end auto and flight simulator for some time. Trouble is that the Belkin appears very difficult to obtain in France. Are there any other similar converters available to perform the same task?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

I recently read that the PS3 can be used with a 27in iMac together with an AV 360 signal converter made by Belkin. Could be interesting as I've been wanting to put together a high-end auto and flight simulator for some time. Trouble is that the Belkin appears very difficult to obtain in France. Are there any other similar converters available to perform the same task?
Cant answer your question but I guess Kaora! will shortly - my question is what Flight Simulator do you use? Haven't seen one for the PS3 yet and on Mac there is the Xplane but I haven't had the chance to try it as yet
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by le plumber
Cant answer your question but I guess Kaora! will shortly - my question is what Flight Simulator do you use? Haven't seen one for the PS3 yet and on Mac there is the Xplane but I haven't had the chance to try it as yet
Looks like Ka Ora is getting in some well-earned vacation (or home diy time). Good for him.

Regarding Flt Sim, yes Xplane is the only closest to pro sim on the Mac, and more than adequately projects cockpit display and all parameters which interests me moreso than super detail terrain graphics, although it's pretty good there too. My i5 with 7200rpm HD is more than adequate for the needs of the sim too.
Pro Flight 2011 looks reasonable, and FlightGear although a little simplistic is excellent for a freeby - you get what you pay for.
If and when a PS3 is purchased Xplane & GT5 would be the prime purchases.

Is your M.B.Pro living up to expectations? I'd be surprised if it's not!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like Ka Ora is getting in some well-earned vacation (or home diy time). Good for him.

Regarding Flt Sim, yes Xplane is the only closest to pro sim on the Mac, and more than adequately projects cockpit display and all parameters which interests me moreso than super detail terrain graphics, although it's pretty good there too. My i5 with 7200rpm HD is more than adequate for the needs of the sim too.
Pro Flight 2011 looks reasonable, and FlightGear although a little simplistic is excellent for a freeby - you get what you pay for.
If and when a PS3 is purchased Xplane & GT5 would be the prime purchases.

Is your M.B.Pro living up to expectations? I'd be surprised if it's not!
OK cheers. Yes the MBP is more than living up to its expectations - I'm still exploring really as I was more PC beforehand, but that will never happen again though
I have Flight Simulator X which I will try and install onto the MBP via VMWARE Fusion 3 which was installed by Apple, but I'm not sure if it will work properly......in theory it should
Old Aug 20th 2011, 10:32 am

http://store.apple.com/sg/product/H0360PA/A

You cant buy it from the US Apple store, But it seems to be the only source I can find at the mo. You could try sending Jobs a snotty email sometimes it works.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE26...835963&sr=8-22

http://www.amazon.fr/Samsung-LE32D45...3836107&sr=8-2

I would get one of the display adapters in the UK, There are a couple of makes kicking about although the Belkin AV360 has the best reviews.

But for the Agro of finding myself one and it,s cost because they have to come from the states at the mo I would buy a budget 30/32 inch hd tv and take that route. I have posted links to samsung TV as they are my preferred choice until the Apple Television comes out.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Aug 20th 2011 at 10:58 am.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok, thanks for that.