Pet cremation

Old Jul 26th 2018, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Endonurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pet cremation

hi all wondered if anyone could help. We are in the Aveyron and this afternoon I have the difficult decision to have our cat of 12 years put to sleep. Does anybody know of a pet cremation service near me? Thank you
Old Jul 26th 2018, 4:16 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet cremation

Originally Posted by Endonurse
hi all wondered if anyone could help. We are in the Aveyron and this afternoon I have the difficult decision to have our cat of 12 years put to sleep. Does anybody know of a pet cremation service near me? Thank you
Sorry to hear this. When our dog had to be put to sleep, it was the Vet who proposed a cremation if we didn't want to bury him. I've forgotten the cost.
Old Jul 26th 2018, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

We made the same decision towards the end of last year for our beloved Boxer dog. Normally the vets take care of disposing of the body of a deceased pet, but Mme had already decided (as with our previous Boxer) that it had to be cremation. The vets took care of everything, in such a professional manner via a recognised organisation *Incineris, a service run by practising vets. Two weeks later we were called to collect the boxed remains which were done up in superb presentation form. From memory it was 350€, but obviously the rate varies according to the pet's size.
*Link HERE but your vet should already know this.
Another useful link.
I've still not got over his loss, and with lack of regular excercise have put on weight. Still trying to convince Mme that we need another dog.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Jul 26th 2018 at 7:04 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to here about you pet. As everyone else says the vet will usually, always in our experience, take care of the cremation,
In fact I seem to remember that it is not actually legal to bury any dead animal (including humans) on private grounds.
Old Jul 28th 2018, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grannybunz
In fact I seem to remember that it is not actually legal to bury any dead animal (including humans) on private grounds.
Agreed, it's still not legal in France to bury a dead pet animal, but as our vet mentioned, many people do, and to his knowledge no health inspectors etc would check on this.