Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Paying CFE must be by prélevement?

Paying CFE must be by prélevement?

Old Nov 18th 2016, 9:28 am
Just Joined

shimself is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paying CFE must be by prélevement?

I'm being told that we have to pay the CFE by prelevement (direct debit), and that we not only cannot pay by cheque or cash, we are not even allowed to pay by virement (transfer)? With a 150€ fine for transgressions.

For the CFE itself (in our case 200odd €uro) it's not too bad, my worry is that they'll start to use the mandate for bigger ticket items

Is this true?
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying CFE must be by prélevement?

Impots.gouv.fr - La cotisation foncière des entreprises (CFE)
"Toutes les entreprises doivent acquitter leur CFE par paiement en ligne, prélèvement mensuel ou � l'échéance.

Pour régler votre CFE 2016, si vous n’avez pas déj� opté pour le prélèvement automatique, vous pouvez :

adhérer au prélèvement � l’échéance jusqu’au 30 novembre 2016 minuit sur le site impots.gouv.fr ou auprès du Centre Prélèvement Service compétent (dont les coordonnées figurent sur votre avis d’impôt 2016) ; cette adhésion sera également valable pour vos prochaines échéances ;
payer en ligne par simple clic sur le bouton « payer » de votre avis dématérialisé jusqu’au 15 décembre 2016 minuit ;
payer en ligne sur le site impots.gouv.fr muni de la référence de votre avis de CFE jusqu’au 15 décembre 2016 minuit."

Certainly you have to pay electronically but you don't have to set up a direct debit (I haven't). In order to be able to use the "payer en ligne par simple clic sur le bouton « payer »" option, which is what I use, you do have to have an account pre-registered on your espace Pro, which as I recall was a bit of a faff and involved filling in forms and submitting them. The "payer en ligne sur le site impots.gouv.fr muni de la référence de votre avis de CFE " suggests that you can do this without having any account pre-registered which may be simpler, but I haven't used it so can't say for sure - only one way to find out !
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

PS not sure why you're so worried, I've always found dealing online with the fisc very reassuring. You get an instant email confirmation whenever you make a payment stating the time the payment was made, what it's for and the amount paid, so to me it feels a lot safer than posting a cheque and wondering if they received it/if it's going to get lost in the processing system. After all if you gotta pay you gotta pay, the important thing is to know that your payment has arrived safely.
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:30 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shimself
I'm being told that we have to pay the CFE by prelevement (direct debit), and that we not only cannot pay by cheque or cash, we are not even allowed to pay by virement (transfer)? With a 150€ fine for transgressions.

For the CFE itself (in our case 200odd €uro) it's not too bad, my worry is that they'll start to use the mandate for bigger ticket items

Is this true?
Hi, some one more in the know will come along, but according to

https://www.service-public.fr/profes...sdroits/F23547

you've been told right, unless you opt to pay by "téléréglement" by opening an "on-line fiscal account".

I used to be worried about abuse with prélèvements (which we use for all Impôts and Taxes), but the Fisc informs you of the sums due before the deadline, and you have time to react.

Oooops, my post crossed with ET's!!
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I just checked my emails and I see that the email alert to tell me that the invoice was available for payment arrived at 14:07:48, I dealt with it straight away as I happened to be at the computer, and the payment receipt email arrived 14:13:02. So about five minutes out of my life to sort it, and how long does it take if you try to pay by cheque or cash.

In fact the payment is not taken out of your bank until the payment deadline (though actually I wish it was, then I'd know how much I really have in the account).

Last edited by EuroTrash; Nov 18th 2016 at 11:01 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

loracjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year, I was so tied up with other stuff, and totally confused with the new regs, I didn't pay in time - waaay late (about a month). I wrote out a cheque, posted it off, and it was cashed immediately, no problems at all.

A friend of mine has taken her's to the local tresor, told them that she is changing her bank account, she's worried that her new account won't be ready in time, and they have accepted a cheque.

Now, I'm not advocating doing things outside the regs, just that how different the tax offices treat different cases.

Nothing is ever written in stone, including rules and regulations!

However, the CFE bill is in my 'things to do' list tomorrow.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi loracjan,
Welcome to the forum.
I suggest that you re-post your other post in the french section introduction thread.
There are some BE france members who have returned to the UK.
Also, there is lots of info in the "returning to the UK" forum on BE.
As in France, many things have changed in the UK and the more information you can obtain in advance will help.
I had lunch today in a local restaurant in Touraine and the patron told me that her son ran a restaurant in Hexham UK.
There are good opportunities for french people in the UK.

For Novo: The restaurant is called "The Bouchon Bistro" in Hexham.
Additional info: There is a Tourangeau called Fred Berkmiller who owns two bistro restaurants in Edinburgh. L'escargot bleu and L'escargot blanc.
Apologies for the advert.

Last edited by cyrian; Nov 22nd 2016 at 5:36 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by loracjan
Last year, I was so tied up with other stuff, and totally confused with the new regs, I didn't pay in time - waaay late (about a month). I wrote out a cheque, posted it off, and it was cashed immediately, no problems at all.

A friend of mine has taken her's to the local tresor, told them that she is changing her bank account, she's worried that her new account won't be ready in time, and they have accepted a cheque.

Now, I'm not advocating doing things outside the regs, just that how different the tax offices treat different cases.

Nothing is ever written in stone, including rules and regulations!
The people at every tax office seem to be amazingly helpful (well after all, they are helping you to give them your dosh ).
I just think that when all this work has been into saving time and making life easier for everyone, and a darn good job they've made of it too IMHO, it's a bit perverse to do things any other way.
(I'm starting to sound like an advert for the fisc, but I really am impressed with how quick, easy and painless they have managed to make it to pay your taxes. Especially when you compare them with HMRC.)
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cyrian
Hi loracjan,
Welcome to the forum.
I suggest that you re-post your other post in the french section introduction thread.
There are some BE france members who have returned to the UK.
Also, there is lots of info in the "returning to the UK" forum on BE.
As in France, many things have changed in the UK and the more information you can obtain in advance will help.
I had lunch today in a local restaurant in Touraine and the patron told me that her son ran a restaurant in Hexham UK.
There are good opportunities for french people in the UK.

For Novo: The restaurant is called "The Bouchon Bistro" in Hexham.
Additional info: There is a Tourangeau called Fred Berkmiller who owns two bistro restaurants in Edinburgh. L'escargot bleu and L'escargot blanc.
Apologies for the advert.
Will do Cyrian!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
The people at every tax office seem to be amazingly helpful (well after all, they are helping you to give them your dosh ).
I just think that when all this work has been into saving time and making life easier for everyone, and a darn good job they've made of it too IMHO, it's a bit perverse to do things any other way.
(I'm starting to sound like an advert for the fisc, but I really am impressed with how quick, easy and painless they have managed to make it to pay your taxes. Especially when you compare them with HMRC.)

Yes, I've always found the fisc to be very helpful. The first time we went to the tax office with a tax form - about one inch deep - the receptionist took one look and realised that it was the wrong form (it was the tome used for large companies) and said she would file it for us, and promptly threw it in the waste paper basket! Trouble is, my suspicious nature makes me look around for hidden cameras where every word might be used against me when the sharks begin to circle!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by loracjan
Trouble is, my suspicious nature makes me look around for hidden cameras where every word might be used against me when the sharks begin to circle!
I don't think they need to record what you say - the central computer probably already knows more about you and your affairs than you do yourself (and what it doesn't know as a fact, it will have used an algorithm to calculate).

My theory is that that's why the staff make a point of being so helpful and even helping you reduce your taxes, because they regard it as "the humans - us and them - versus the computer".

Unfortunately, it's the computer that has the last word when it comes to deciding whether everything stacks up or not.

All good fun