Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Payday in France

Payday in France

Old Mar 6th 2019, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Payday in France

This is a genuine query not an attempt to stir things up but how come its the OP getting all the flack for 'replying to a post in French' in French yet nobody says a word to Eurotrash for the the original French post/reply

Does Eurotrash have a permit to post in French
This smacks of either Nepotism ;-) or 'The good old Boys' ;-)

Please cote the emoticons ;-) ;-)

To answer the original question, when I worked in France I was paid the last Friday of the month
Old Mar 6th 2019, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

I think that if you look at post #6 - Rosemary does not address her comment to either individual.
When the OP responded to her - Rosemary replied to him in Post #10
HTH
Old Mar 6th 2019, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
This is a genuine query not an attempt to stir things up but how come its the OP getting all the flack for 'replying to a post in French' in French yet nobody says a word to Eurotrash for the the original French post/reply

Does Eurotrash have a permit to post in French
This smacks of either Nepotism ;-) or 'The good old Boys' ;-)

Please cote the emoticons ;-) ;-)
Well, if you are seriously classing "google sera ton ami" as posting in French, then guilty as charged. I would say it is Franglais, in that if I was in fact writing in French I would not write that, I don't think it's a thing the French would ever say. Do I need a permit to post in Franglais?
The rest of the post was a quote from the French govt website. I assume that's acceptable when clarifying French public service information which obviously is intended to be read in French.

However, in retrospect I can see how my post might have led the OP to think that posting in French was the norm, and I am sorry about that.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 4:25 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Well, if you are seriously classing "google sera ton ami" as posting in French, then guilty as charged. I would say it is Franglais, in that if I was in fact writing in French I would not write that, I don't think it's a thing the French would ever say. Do I need a permit to post in Franglais?
The rest of the post was a quote from the French govt website. I assume that's acceptable when clarifying French public service information which obviously is intended to be read in French.

However, in retrospect I can see how my post might have led the OP to think that posting in French was the norm, and I am sorry about that.
It's de rigeur, innit?
Old Mar 6th 2019, 7:36 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
It's de rigeur, innit?

More like a bit of drôle vieille merde de cheval but horses tend not to be funny nor what comes out their arrière
Old Mar 6th 2019, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Ooo la la, that's a bit de trop. It's all gone laissez faire now, innit.